Pregnant Mom Cakes

Decorating By tootie0809 Updated 9 Jul 2013 , 8:35pm by BrandisBaked

mskerrih Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mskerrih Posted 7 Jul 2013 , 1:39am
post #31 of 40

AI make plenty of money on belly and booty cakes. If someone asks me to make a cake. I make it. If y'all dont want to take their money, refer them to me. I sure will. That's the point of having a business.

auntginn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
auntginn Posted 7 Jul 2013 , 1:59am
post #32 of 40

mskerrih, I agree with the part of taking their money, rofl... If someone comes and ask for it, and they are a paying customer even if I don't like it (and I don't) I'm from the ole school where a customer can get what they want cause they keep my doors open. 

But doesn't mean I have to like it and I think that transcends to my customers.  They don't see pics of mine with bellies, they don't ask. 

CakeRae80 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeRae80 Posted 8 Jul 2013 , 8:20pm
post #33 of 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dianka 

Definitely cringeworthy.  The baby butt cakes aren't any better.  Have seen one on Pinterest recently that looks like a Santa type sack with feet poking out of the bottom with a tag that says "A Blessing from God."  A Blessing!  Wahoo!  Now let's slice it up with a sharp knife.  Yuck.

I agree with these too! I haven't made one yet, hope not to, lol.  I don't even think the baby butt cakes are that cute, but it's the same concept.

hbquikcomjamesl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hbquikcomjamesl Posted 8 Jul 2013 , 8:39pm
post #34 of 40

Well, if you're completely unconcerned about taste, you could always do what Patrick Stewart's character did in a certain infamous Saturday Night Live sketch.

Q: What is the proper way to cut a pregnant belly cake?

A: Using the instruments on a standard C-section tray.

ThorntonCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ThorntonCakes Posted 8 Jul 2013 , 9:54pm
post #35 of 40

whats worse then the belly cakes are the baby cakes! How can you cut into something that is identical to a baby?! Its a mental thing, you "realistly" would not cut into a living baby so its hard to see that even as a cake even when they look so life like with airbrushing.

hbquikcomjamesl Posted 8 Jul 2013 , 10:32pm
post #36 of 40

As I said about the recent life-size "Dexter" cake,

"It is a cellular peptide cake, with mint frosting."

DeniseNH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DeniseNH Posted 8 Jul 2013 , 10:41pm
post #37 of 40

Same as ordering a cake that looks like your puppy then cutting him open.  Different strokes for different folks.

hbquikcomjamesl Posted 8 Jul 2013 , 11:17pm
post #38 of 40

And if anybody looks at my "Baked Goods" set on Flickr, none of my exercises in edible printing (nor any of my hand-piped decorations, for that matter) have depicted any living thing more sentient than a flower.

saraek Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
saraek Posted 9 Jul 2013 , 8:23pm
post #39 of 40

I see nothing wrong with making one. However, I wouldn't eat one. Cutting into it seems pretty morbid, but I feel that way about any 'lifelike' cake (includings pets, etc). I keep remembering the scene from Steel Magnolias with the red velvet armadillo cake. Just...no, can't do it.

BrandisBaked Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BrandisBaked Posted 9 Jul 2013 , 8:35pm
post #40 of 40

AI have made a few baby butt cakes, a whole baby cake (baby lying on a pillow for a christening), and a couple of pregnant belly cakes. I have to say that the whole baby cake was the most disturbing since you are actually seeing a face while cutting the cake. I tried to talk the mom out of that one, but she insisted and I wasn't willing to turn away the money.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%