Strawberry Filling Recipe, Also Strawberry/banana

Decorating By eieio1234 Updated 30 Jul 2008 , 8:07pm by superstar

eieio1234 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
eieio1234 Posted 29 Jul 2008 , 5:11pm
post #1 of 4

Who has tried the strawberry filling recipe on here? (NOT a cream or mousse one, just strawberry) I see you can add fresh or frozen berries and was just wondering if using frozen would not be as good as fresh. I have a cake due for this weekend and don't have any more H&H strawberry filling on hand and don't really want to go shopping for it (Cake store is an hour away) so I thought I'd try it from scratch this time.

Also, the customer wants strawberry or strawberry/banana filling. I've never used banana as a filling. Should I just mash them up and put that on?? Add some banana extract maybe? Or is there some 'recipe' I don't know about?!?! Thanks!

3 replies
superstar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
superstar Posted 29 Jul 2008 , 10:39pm
post #2 of 4

There are some great strawberry fillings on CC that I have made often. I use frozen strawberrys. You can use fresh, but I prefer the frozen they boil up well make a wonderful filling. You could add some banana flavor to get strawberry/banana.

BAlicia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BAlicia Posted 30 Jul 2008 , 2:52am
post #3 of 4

I tried searching for fruit fillings and only one came up. What should I search for? What key words? I have a cake due this weekend with strawberry filling and one with pineapple filing.

superstar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
superstar Posted 30 Jul 2008 , 8:07pm
post #4 of 4

12 ozs frozen strawberrys
2/3 cup water
3/4 cup sugar (you can add more)
1 tablespoon lemon juice
2-3 tablespoons cornstarch

Boil together everything except corn starch until strawberrys have disintegrated. Add cornstarch mixed with a lttle water. Simmer until thickened stirring constantly.Allow to cool completely.

1 can crushed pineapple with juice
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup or more sugar
2-3 tablespoons cornstarch.
Same directions as the strawberry filling.
remember you can always add more cornstarch or more water to get the consistancy you desire.
Hope this helps.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%