Silverwood Cake Pans

Decorating By dream Updated 12 Nov 2008 , 8:58am by gales

dream Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dream Posted 29 Jul 2008 , 5:10pm
post #1 of 8

Has anyone bought any of these pans and if so how did they perform? Could you post a picture of the finished product? Here is the link:

http://globalsugarart.com/cat.php?cid=885

7 replies
dream Posted 30 Jul 2008 , 10:47pm
post #2 of 8

bump

dream Posted 31 Jul 2008 , 10:12pm
post #3 of 8

anyone? bump

gales Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gales Posted 7 Nov 2008 , 6:53pm
post #4 of 8

I bought the 12"x12"x4" multi size pan. In theory it sound great, One pan that folds up and can be used for various sized cakes. Unhappy with the construction, the lip on the base is not high enough up to give support to the whole structure when making larger cakes. I found it quite difficult when taking it out of the oven. My daughter tried it too and had the same problem (an accident waiting to happen). The "teeth" that allow the internal sections and the corners to slot into each other are made of a material that bends very easily so if you get any cake batter on the tin you cannot put any pressure on these to remove it, you just have to soak well and hope for the best. I was also surprised that the pan is not dishwasher safe. Don't know if this helps, or if it was even the pan you were going for. As for purchasing the multi round tins, I have had excellent results with a baking tray and cooking rings, lined of course, and the cooking rings have many more functions.

dream Posted 7 Nov 2008 , 6:56pm
post #5 of 8

Thanks for responding.

AlanT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AlanT Posted 12 Nov 2008 , 1:11am
post #6 of 8

Thank you for the response Gales. No one has responded regarding the mini rounds, hexagons or squares. I can tell you that I have used these with much success. If anyone else has used them, I would like to hear your response as well. Alan

gales Posted 12 Nov 2008 , 8:25am
post #7 of 8

Thanks for your comments Alan, the idea of the pans is a brilliant concept, I just wish the lip was a fraction deeper on the sides and the teeth sections were of a less bendable material on the square tins. I forgot to mention I have several of the loose bottom base pans by Silverwood and they are super. Love their 4" round "pork pie" style, these tins are in use a great deal at the moment as I am finding lots of people want a smaller christmas cake for elderly parents, relatives or just for themselves.

gales Posted 12 Nov 2008 , 8:58am
post #8 of 8

Just had a thought. I wonder if these square pans have been tried out in different levels of oven? I would think that people using ovens at eye level would not have the same problems myself and my daughter had. We both have ovens that you have to bend down to get items out of and it is therefore not as easy to ensure your grip is on the base of the pan and not the sides.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%