Raspberry Cake Filling ?

Baking By lswren Updated 9 Aug 2008 , 12:32pm by Sugar_Plum_Fairy

lswren Posted 29 Jul 2008 , 4:50pm
post #1 of 9

I need a raspberry cake filling that does not require refrigeration, Does anyone know of any ? I would Appreciate any help.

8 replies
kimberlina25 Posted 30 Jul 2008 , 12:10am
post #2 of 9

i have made this one before, it was good.

http://www.ladycakes.com/Recipes/Fillings/raspberry.htm

lswren Posted 30 Jul 2008 , 5:00pm
post #3 of 9

icon_smile.gif Thanks Kimberina25 , I have a wedding cake to make for a friend, I will use this filling.

Sugar_Plum_Fairy Posted 30 Jul 2008 , 5:10pm
post #4 of 9

Are you sure that doesn't need refrigeration. As far as I know the only fruit-based fillings that do not require refrigeration are the ones in the sleeves that contain preservatives. I could be wrong here, but...........

lswren Posted 30 Jul 2008 , 6:27pm
post #5 of 9

Sugar_Plum_Fairy,
Could you please tell me where I can buy the sleeve filling that you are talking about. I would really appreciate the help.
Thanks

Sugar_Plum_Fairy Posted 30 Jul 2008 , 6:33pm
post #6 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by lswren

Sugar_Plum_Fairy,
Could you please tell me where I can buy the sleeve filling that you are talking about. I would really appreciate the help.
Thanks

Many on-line cake decorating suppliers have this item. Here's a link for Global Sugar Art's: http://www.globalsugarart.com/search.php?search=filling.

HTH icon_wink.gif

lswren Posted 30 Jul 2008 , 7:05pm
post #7 of 9

icon_smile.gif Thanks guys for all the help ! I found them at a outlet store close by, and learned something new. Will try on the wedding cake.

kimberlina25 Posted 9 Aug 2008 , 4:13am
post #8 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugar_Plum_Fairy

Are you sure that doesn't need refrigeration. As far as I know the only fruit-based fillings that do not require refrigeration are the ones in the sleeves that contain preservatives. I could be wrong here, but...........

sorry, know this is an old topic, but i have been gone. just wanted to add something about the filling, according to the recipe, i don't see any ingredients that would require this filling to have refrigeration. if you see something i do not, please let me know.

Sugar_Plum_Fairy Posted 9 Aug 2008 , 12:32pm
post #9 of 9

Seriously, I'm not trying to be a smarta$$, but I keep my berries, lemons/lemon juice and milk in the refrigerator.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%