Stress Free Support Or Sps?

Decorating By Solecito Updated 30 Jul 2008 , 5:17am by sugarshack

Solecito Posted 29 Jul 2008 , 4:37pm
post #1 of 9

I had a problem with a stacked cake, so I'm ready to try something new. So, What do you think guys? Which one do you like best and why?

8 replies
tootie0809 Posted 29 Jul 2008 , 5:26pm
post #2 of 9

I don't have either one, but I'm glad you are taking this poll because I'm curious about this too.

Solecito Posted 29 Jul 2008 , 7:09pm
post #3 of 9

Anyone?

Shelly4481 Posted 29 Jul 2008 , 7:35pm
post #4 of 9

I have the stress free and love it. Haven't tried the sps. I like the sfs because the legs adjust to the height you need. But are a little expensive. I bought the starter set. I don't have to worry about getting them back, I do charge $25.00 fee to use them. It is on my contract for a equipment rental. So far every cake I have done with them I have known them or friend/family. They are always happy to bring back. I use a level to get them exact before I put in cake. You can buy the plates they sell or just use cardboards. That is what I use. So far I have no regrets buying this.

beachcakes Posted 29 Jul 2008 , 8:11pm
post #5 of 9

I haven't tried the SFS, b/c i don't do enough and it's $$. I used SPS for the first time this weekend and loved it!

Denise Posted 30 Jul 2008 , 12:09am
post #6 of 9

I use the Stress Free Support rings. LOVE them. I do require a deposit so that I get them back!

Solecito Posted 30 Jul 2008 , 4:59am
post #7 of 9

Thank you ladies!!!

cakeladydi Posted 30 Jul 2008 , 5:08am
post #8 of 9

I'm not familiar with how either one of these systems work. Would someone mind sharing some of the details?

TIA

Diane

sugarshack Posted 30 Jul 2008 , 5:17am
post #9 of 9

LOVE the stress frees. What I like:

1) the legs screw to adjust to correct height and I do not have to cut anything

2) the legs are small and do not displace a whole lot of cake

3) I can still use fomecore under the tiers and drive my center dowel(s) through

4) stainless steel is strong like bull and not collapsing, no way

5) I have never had a problem wth getting them back to me after the wedding

6) throw in dishwasher and resuse

6) I can get my tiers down low enough that I can go borderless if I want to.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%