Make A Baseball Cap

Decorating By Graccie21 Updated 29 Jul 2008 , 6:12pm by SweetResults

Graccie21 Posted 29 Jul 2008 , 2:27pm
post #1 of 5

Hello everyone! Please help.

My client has asked me to make a boston red sox cake. I would like to make a baseball cap. Or at least try it first and then see if a i can do it.

Can someone please help me as to HOW do I go about doing this? \\

Thank you kindly!

4 replies
ladybuglau Posted 29 Jul 2008 , 4:17pm
post #2 of 5

well obviously this isn't a red sox cake icon_biggrin.gif but hopefully it can help...
I used the wilton soccerball pan for the cake part, and used gumpaste for the bill of the cap. All trimmed with the stitching wheel.

Meemawfish Posted 29 Jul 2008 , 4:21pm
post #3 of 5

I don't have a picture of mine but all I did was bake a cake in a pyrex bowl and used a 8 inch round cut in half for the brim. You might have to shape the round cake a little instead of cutting it straight. HTH icon_biggrin.gif

Deana Posted 29 Jul 2008 , 6:01pm
post #4 of 5

another hint is to put lots of buttercream under fondant - then you can mush it around to make it look like fabric. There is a picture in my galleries of a cap on a field with a baseball....

SweetResults Posted 29 Jul 2008 , 6:12pm
post #5 of 5

First of all - GO SOX!! icon_biggrin.gif

Second - I have a few caps in my gallery. Make the brim a few days to a week in advance if you can, but I have done it in as little as 2 days. I covered a real cap in plastic and used it to form the shape and let it dry on the cap.

I use 8" round pans, double layer and I carve them down while looking at a real cap.

A GREAT resource is Confetti Cakes by Elisa Strauss - she has a cap cake in there that shows step by step.

Quote by @%username% on %date%