Make A Baseball Cap

Decorating By Graccie21 Updated 29 Jul 2008 , 6:12pm by SweetResults

Graccie21 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Graccie21 Posted 29 Jul 2008 , 2:27pm
post #1 of 5

Hello everyone! Please help.

My client has asked me to make a boston red sox cake. I would like to make a baseball cap. Or at least try it first and then see if a i can do it.

Can someone please help me as to HOW do I go about doing this? \\

Thank you kindly!

4 replies
ladybuglau Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ladybuglau Posted 29 Jul 2008 , 4:17pm
post #2 of 5

well obviously this isn't a red sox cake icon_biggrin.gif but hopefully it can help...
I used the wilton soccerball pan for the cake part, and used gumpaste for the bill of the cap. All trimmed with the stitching wheel.
LL

Meemawfish Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Meemawfish Posted 29 Jul 2008 , 4:21pm
post #3 of 5

I don't have a picture of mine but all I did was bake a cake in a pyrex bowl and used a 8 inch round cut in half for the brim. You might have to shape the round cake a little instead of cutting it straight. HTH icon_biggrin.gif

Deana Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Deana Posted 29 Jul 2008 , 6:01pm
post #4 of 5

another hint is to put lots of buttercream under fondant - then you can mush it around to make it look like fabric. There is a picture in my galleries of a cap on a field with a baseball....

SweetResults Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetResults Posted 29 Jul 2008 , 6:12pm
post #5 of 5

First of all - GO SOX!! icon_biggrin.gif

Second - I have a few caps in my gallery. Make the brim a few days to a week in advance if you can, but I have done it in as little as 2 days. I covered a real cap in plastic and used it to form the shape and let it dry on the cap.

I use 8" round pans, double layer and I carve them down while looking at a real cap.

A GREAT resource is Confetti Cakes by Elisa Strauss - she has a cap cake in there that shows step by step.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%