Some People...

Decorating By muddpuppy Updated 30 Jul 2008 , 4:34am by applemint_jackie

muddpuppy Posted 29 Jul 2008 , 1:55pm
post #1 of 28

Hi all, just need a small rant!! lol... So I spend an obscene amount of time on a rather unusual wedding cake for my cuz and while at the wedding, a girl whom I've known or years and years, comes and sits at a table with a bunch of us and with her nose crinkled up says "Is THAT the cake?" and everyone at the table went quiet and looked at me, and I said nothing and she says, "No really, is THAT thier cake?!??! What's that all about?!?" and she said it so rudely I was just about to strangle her when my sis jumped in and said.. "Jenn made that cake, isn't it awesome?" and the girl goes "You made that?... Well, it's different." and then she walked away.... OMG!!! I wanted to claw her in her eye.. lol... Ok, I'm done now... Some people just don't like anything... see if she ever gets cake from me.. lol....
LL

27 replies
ccr03 Posted 29 Jul 2008 , 1:58pm
post #2 of 28

first off, awesome cake!

second, she was probably a good ol' fashioned pillar-style cake w/stairs and a fountain!

mommicakes Posted 29 Jul 2008 , 2:16pm
post #3 of 28

I loved the cake, looks like fun.

Who cares what that other tapedshut.gif girl thought!!! If your cuz liked it thats all that matters isn't it???

Lots of love went into it I'm sure. I think it is cool. icon_biggrin.gif

danijus Posted 29 Jul 2008 , 3:56pm
post #4 of 28

Absolutely awesome cake. I don't think she meant to offend the decorator cause seriously its flawless, but why they chose that as their wedding cake. I think its really fun and different but most people just expect the same old tiered cake.

Mike1394 Posted 29 Jul 2008 , 4:02pm
post #5 of 28

That cake is AWESOME very cool. She must've been a Canadiens fan.

OH BTW it is missing one thing. At center ice shouldn't there be a big red winged wheel? hehehehehe Go Wings icon_biggrin.gif

Mike

tracycakes Posted 29 Jul 2008 , 4:04pm
post #6 of 28

You did an awesome job! Don't let her get you down. You did a wonderful job with what the bride wanted. This person was actually questioning the bride's taste, not your work.

Juds2323 Posted 29 Jul 2008 , 4:20pm
post #7 of 28

I think I have to agree with the other posters. She was probably expecting a traditional cake and couldn't believe what they chose. It's an awesome looking cake. Great job.

Judi

Carolynlovescake Posted 29 Jul 2008 , 4:52pm
post #8 of 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike1394

At center ice shouldn't there be a big red winged wheel? hehehehehe Go Wings icon_biggrin.gif

Mike

I say this with much cake love and a bag in my other hand to hose you down in frosting with....

Please shut up!

icon_razz.gif

(I'm so not a Red Wings fan... but then again at least you have a team to brag aboug... my team... UGH! We'll just not go there right now. LOL)

fluttercakes Posted 29 Jul 2008 , 5:24pm
post #9 of 28

What color dress was she wearing? Did it go good with the green? icon_lol.gif!

Awesome cake! I love it when couples get away from the traditional every now and then...it's what makes this job fun!

Bijoudelanuit Posted 29 Jul 2008 , 7:26pm
post #10 of 28

Your cake is amazing! I love when cakes are tailored to the bride and groom so creatively!

poshcakedesigns Posted 29 Jul 2008 , 7:31pm
post #11 of 28

The nerve of her!!

That cake is awesome - don't let it bother you. I think she's just jealous of your talent!!

janelwaters Posted 29 Jul 2008 , 7:33pm
post #12 of 28

OK - I have to agree with everyone and say that she was judging the bride and groom's taste and NOT your cake.

Seriously, I just spent the last 15 mins staring at your cake in absolute AMAZEMENT! that cake ROCKS!!!! And that girl is a big ole B!!

varika Posted 29 Jul 2008 , 7:37pm
post #13 of 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by muddpuppy

"No really, is THAT thier cake?!??! What's that all about?!?"

"That, my dear little drama llama, is all about the bride and the groom, and if you are not the birde or the groom, shut your pretty little face up and go away."

Srsly, some people need etiquette lessons, bad...

That is an AWESOME cake and I hope to someday be up to your level of skills, my dear!

Momkiksbutt Posted 29 Jul 2008 , 7:48pm
post #14 of 28

That girl was just rude and....You have to tell us how you did this cake!

Is it all cake or just the rink??

CakeWhizz Posted 29 Jul 2008 , 7:50pm
post #15 of 28

First off, I'd like to say what an awesome cake that is! Secondly, I feel very sorry for the girl who made the comment. She showed herself to be tactless and mannerless by making rude comments at a wedding where she was a guest. The cake may not be to her taste as not everyone 'gets' novelty cakes but at the very least she should have shown some respect towards the couple.

ziggytarheel Posted 29 Jul 2008 , 7:58pm
post #16 of 28

I wouldn't take it personally in the least, nor would I let it offend me if I were you.

She didn't say anything about the beauty or the skill involved in that cake. AMAZING, I must say. I think she was wanting to enjoy a little nasty gossip about the bride and groom's lack of traditional taste. Not only did no one "bite", but then she realized she REALLY stuck her foot in her mouth.

Absolutely amazing cake!

HappyValley Posted 29 Jul 2008 , 8:00pm
post #17 of 28

Your cake ROCKS!!! thumbs_up.gif

SweetResults Posted 29 Jul 2008 , 8:02pm
post #18 of 28

Great cake - stupid girl. On a side note - I would love to see close up pictures of your fondant/gumpaste figures!

I will be contacting you for tips the next I have to make some! icon_biggrin.gif

pjmw Posted 29 Jul 2008 , 8:14pm
post #19 of 28

Great cake, rude girl, great cake winsicon_smile.gif

Paula

Amia Posted 29 Jul 2008 , 8:15pm
post #20 of 28

First off, the detail in your cake is amazing! You rock!

Secondly, that girl is a tapedshut.gif ....ignore her and her ignorant comments!

Aliwis000 Posted 29 Jul 2008 , 8:26pm
post #21 of 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by CakeWhizz

First off, I'd like to say what an awesome cake that is! Secondly, I feel very sorry for the girl who made the comment. She showed herself to be tactless and mannerless by making rude comments at a wedding where she was a guest. The cake may not be to her taste as not everyone 'gets' novelty cakes but at the very least she should have shown some respect towards the couple.

Perfect answer! Why couldnt she just be happy that they were happy, and not judge the bride and groom, its THEIR day, not hers.

dbax Posted 29 Jul 2008 , 8:31pm
post #22 of 28

Very nice cake!

I heard someone say once, speak as if the world were an open mike...
Too bad she didn't know her mike was turned on, her quick response and hastey exit leads me to believe she was humiliated.

She couldn't possibly have been refering the the cake-manship, it had to have been directed at the bride/grooms taste and lack of tradition, the nerve of them icon_wink.gif

summernoelle Posted 29 Jul 2008 , 8:40pm
post #23 of 28

Oh, it's so funny when people do things like that and make fools out of themselves. I know it hurt your feelings, but trust me, everyone at the table was only thinking bad of her.

Your cake, by the way, was awesome!

xstitcher Posted 29 Jul 2008 , 8:52pm
post #24 of 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike1394

That cake is AWESOME very cool. She must've been a Canadiens fan.

OH BTW it is missing one thing. At center ice shouldn't there be a big red winged wheel? hehehehehe Go Wings icon_biggrin.gif

Mike

I can't believe all the details on this cake!!!! I love how you have the bride and groom at center ice and did I mention the details!!!! You did an outstanding job and I agree with everyone else in that I'm sure she was not aiming that comment at the cake specifically (sp??) but that it was not traditional!

BTW Mike,

Habs all the way!!!!! thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

doughdough Posted 29 Jul 2008 , 8:53pm
post #25 of 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by danijus

I don't think she meant to offend the decorator cause seriously its flawless, but why they chose that as their wedding cake.

I agree. Many people have never been to a wedding that has a "nontraditional" cake...although I think they are becoming more and more popular these days.

My guess is that she was horribly embarrassed about her comments when she realized that you made it, since she excused herself faster than a jackrabbit on a date!! icon_wink.gif

laynie72 Posted 29 Jul 2008 , 8:55pm
post #26 of 28

I love your cake!!! thumbs_up.gif

If that ever happens to me I will continue the conversation to see how far they will go... I would say " I thoughtâ I was the only one thinking that" ore something to see what else they will say.

I wish people would just be happy for the newlyweds instead of paying attention to everything else.

fondantgrl Posted 30 Jul 2008 , 4:19am
post #27 of 28

I think that cake just looked really good. Good job on the cake icon_cool.gif

applemint_jackie Posted 30 Jul 2008 , 4:34am
post #28 of 28

its a very beautiful cake...a difficult one, i would say. keep up the good work. thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%