Marbled Fondant

Decorating By Nicolle711 Updated 29 Jul 2008 , 3:54pm by micnmax2003

Nicolle711 Posted 29 Jul 2008 , 1:40pm
post #1 of 8

Hi all!

I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on how to get the marbled effect on fondant? Do you just combine the different colors of fondant you want and roll out? Won't the colors mix in and create one whole new color? Not sure how to do this so any help is greatly appreciated!

THANKS icon_biggrin.gif

7 replies
armywifebryan Posted 29 Jul 2008 , 3:05pm
post #2 of 8

Make your two colors of fondant then just start mixing them together. I usually roll between my hands (like a snake) then fold the "tail" up onto the part in my hands. Just don't over mix. That is where your colors would start to mix into a new color. Good luck. HTH

Teresa

Nicolle711 Posted 29 Jul 2008 , 3:11pm
post #3 of 8

Thanks Teresa icon_biggrin.gif So once you roll the fondant in your hands like a snake to incorporate the color, do you then roll it into a ball and roll out? Thanks icon_redface.gif

michellenj Posted 29 Jul 2008 , 3:22pm
post #4 of 8

I would practice with some extra fondant, or even play-doh to get the effect I was trying to achieve. It's easier than it sounds. Just don't over mix and you'll be fine.

msulli10 Posted 29 Jul 2008 , 3:39pm
post #5 of 8

I take the colors I want to use and work them separately. Then I make a snake out of each and twist them together into one long snake - then just start rolling. If you work them together too much then you'll get one color. It's fun and easy.

LeckieAnne Posted 29 Jul 2008 , 3:48pm
post #6 of 8
Nicolle711 Posted 29 Jul 2008 , 3:51pm
post #7 of 8

LeckieAnne: That is perfect! Thank you so much for finding that tutorial.

Thank you all for your help! icon_biggrin.gif

micnmax2003 Posted 29 Jul 2008 , 3:54pm
post #8 of 8

http://atecousa.net/learn/satin-ice-tutorial-iii-marblizing.html

here's another tutorial/video that I found to be of help! icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%