How Do You Make Coral

Decorating By Bohnlo Updated 29 Jul 2008 , 5:03pm by Bohnlo

Bohnlo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bohnlo Posted 29 Jul 2008 , 6:51am
post #1 of 5

I am looking for different ways to make coral for a sea shell style cake. I would really appreciate any type of methods. Also there is a cake that I was fascinated by the coral on it, It may have come from here on CC, wondering if anyone knows how this was done. Thanks
Lori
LL

4 replies
sparklynne Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sparklynne Posted 29 Jul 2008 , 7:08am
post #2 of 5

I am not sure how they did the coral on this particular cake but I do know that not too very long ago someone on here had a post that was about making coral using crushed ice and chocolate melts. If I read it correctly they said they melted the chocolate in the colors they wanted and poured it over the ice so that it made that nice coral texture. Since the chocolate will harden very quickly in the cold. You may be able to do a search and pull the topic up. Sorry I don't have the link for you. icon_cry.gif Its been a while. Good luck to you icon_smile.gif

deliciously_decadent Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
deliciously_decadent Posted 29 Jul 2008 , 8:34am
post #3 of 5

hi i used RI to pipe it on the sides of the last cake i did. i am interested in this topic myself as i need to do another soon and i did the previouse by complete guess work!

MissRobin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MissRobin Posted 29 Jul 2008 , 1:47pm
post #4 of 5

I used the crushed ice and it works great. Just put your ice in like a pie plate and pipe you melted chocolate onto the ice in the shape of coral. It hardens quickly and you can just lift it right off!!!

Bohnlo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bohnlo Posted 29 Jul 2008 , 5:03pm
post #5 of 5

Thanks everyone, I'll definately have to try the crushed ice method, sounds easy enough. icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif
Lori

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%