Need Help With Ideas For Daughter's 2Nd Bday Cake

Decorating By Crystal13 Updated 31 Jul 2008 , 4:41am by Crystal13

Crystal13 Posted 29 Jul 2008 , 4:19am
post #1 of 10

Hi Everyone,

I have a couple of ideas floating around in my head for a cake for my daughter for her 2nd bday. I decided to make the theme her favorite things as of now....which are baby dolls, Ariel (the little mermaid) and Mickey Mouse.

Any ideas on incorporating all these ideas into a cake? Any thoughts and ideas would be appreciated!!

9 replies
Joyful1216 Posted 29 Jul 2008 , 1:59pm
post #2 of 10

Something having them as dolls maybe? My daughter has many baby dolls, minnie and plush disney cinderella and snow white dolls like this ariel

Maybe like the Debbie Brown christening cake, like the blanket with toys but a little less pastel? Or maybe a toybox with them peeking out?

angie49 Posted 29 Jul 2008 , 2:26pm
post #3 of 10

You could have Mickey on top of cake Fishing an Ariel at the bottom to suggest Mickey had caught her on line icon_cool.gif

toodlesjupiter Posted 29 Jul 2008 , 2:27pm
post #4 of 10

Here's a cute way to incorporate 2 ideas... Not sure about 3, but you could at least do maybe Ariel and Mickey. Just a thought... HTH!

ThreeDGirlie Posted 29 Jul 2008 , 2:48pm
post #5 of 10

Somewhere in the pictures there is cake that is a little girl in bed with Sponge Bob and Elmo tucked in on either side of her. You could do Mickey and a baby doll and then Ariel outside of the covers (so you can see the mermaid tail)... I can't find the picture, or i would give you the link.

It was such a sweet cake.

toodlesjupiter Posted 30 Jul 2008 , 3:27pm
post #6 of 10

ThreeDGirlie- is this the cake you are talking about? It is a cool idea too!

ThreeDGirlie Posted 30 Jul 2008 , 9:20pm
post #7 of 10

Yep, that's it! I put it in my favorites so I wouldn't "lose" it again, LOL!

aundrea Posted 30 Jul 2008 , 9:34pm
post #8 of 10

oh my gosh! that elmo and spongebob cake on the bed is probably one of the cutest cakes ive ever seen!!
thanks for posting the link!!!!

toodlesjupiter Posted 30 Jul 2008 , 10:11pm
post #9 of 10

No problem! I was just going through my (pages and pages) of favs and found it. I remembered seeing ThreeDGirlies description of it so I thought I'd post it. I'd totally forgotten I even saved it. Perfect timing to find it again!

Crystal13 Posted 31 Jul 2008 , 4:41am
post #10 of 10

I am so glad that picture was found....I searched and searched lastnight and couldn't find it! Thank you!

So my next question....anyone have any tips or tutorials on how to make fondant figures such as Mickey and Ariel?

Thanks for all the great ideas I've been given so far - everyone on here is so great & creative!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%