Question About Rice Paper/frosting Sheets!

Decorating By Shanille21 Updated 30 Jul 2008 , 4:48am by Solecito

Shanille21 Posted 29 Jul 2008 , 2:26am
post #1 of 7

I have never used these things before but i have a question.....

Can I use them if i dont have a printer with edible ink? Could i just draw on them with edible food markers to draw designs? (ex. logos and cartoon characters).

i know the "melt" when they are exposed to the buttercream but if i cut out the shape i wanted could i write my sayings on them first and then put it on the cake? would it bleed?

Also has anyone used rubber stamps on them? i saw it on kopy kake web site....

Please any creative suggestions would be great!!!

~Shannon

6 replies
sweetenedcakes Posted 29 Jul 2008 , 2:36am
post #2 of 7

I used on a cake the rice sheet and I draw the image with edible markers....and it went great..

Hope this helps icon_biggrin.gif

SugarFrosted Posted 29 Jul 2008 , 2:44am
post #3 of 7

I remember seeing a segment of a show on the food network about a company that sold kits for cookie decoration. They had little circles of frosting on a backing sheet, and edible markers. They looked like the frosting sheets I bought for my edible image printer. The circles were imprinted with the design of whatever the kit was for...Scooby Doo, or Cinderella or whatever. So, there's no reason why you couldn't use the frosting sheet like that. Edible markers are easy to use, and work very well, especially if you have talent for drawing. Rubber stamps using food color would work great too.

My edible image printer was a big waste of money, the heads stayed clogged, but I could certainly use the frosting sheets by drawing on them. Great idea! Thanks!

Shanille21 Posted 29 Jul 2008 , 12:42pm
post #4 of 7

Thanks for the help. Just wanted to make sure that my ideas wernt that crazy!! icon_biggrin.gif

~Shannon

Solecito Posted 29 Jul 2008 , 4:57pm
post #5 of 7

Just so you know, rice paper doesn't melt on the icing, only the frosting sheets. But both work very good with the markers, Sometimes I had to touch up an edible image with the markers and turns out great.

Shanille21 Posted 29 Jul 2008 , 5:29pm
post #6 of 7

so since the rice paper dosent "melt' onto the frosting what happens to it? can you see it?

i want to write on the sheet and then put on my cake because my writing is so bad...would i be able to use the rice paper?

~Shannon

Solecito Posted 30 Jul 2008 , 4:48am
post #7 of 7

In my opinion they are a little strurdier than the frosting sheets, and for me they are cheaper too. The rice paper just sits on the frosting stuck to it, you can touch it and it won't smear. And may be you can see it. But I don't think they look too bad.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%