aswartzw Posted 31 Jul 2008 , 7:15pm
post #31 of 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by caketeen09

Quote:
Originally Posted by aswartzw

Quote:
Originally Posted by caketeen09

I just found out that the Wilton 9" pans that we have at our house are 1.5" tall.

Is that a problem or am I freaking out over nothing?

I really don't like Wilton's 9" pans. They also have slanted sides preventing your cake from being nice and even when stacked unless you trim the sides. I recommend going out and buying another set of 9". Check for nice straight edges and decide if you want rounded or sharp edges.

I thought I was just OCD about that, but now I'm glad I'm not the only one! I'll start searching for some new pans. Which brand is your favorite?

I have been buying either Wilton Preferred or Fat Daddio. Both work fine for me and it just depends on which pan I can get when I need it. (I hate paying shipping costs!) However, I just found a place that carries Magic Line so now I'm dying to try it! Maybe I'll become a Magic Line addict! icon_wink.gif

For me, I prefer the sharp edges (like from the top of the cake going down the sides, if that makes since). Some are more rounded and I find those harder to frost so that's what makes or breaks the pan for me.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%