Guitar Cakes

Decorating By roxxxy_luvs_duff Updated 29 Jul 2008 , 1:41pm by MissRobin

roxxxy_luvs_duff Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
roxxxy_luvs_duff Posted 28 Jul 2008 , 7:59pm
post #1 of 10

I will be making a guitar cake for the first time and I was wondering what others have used to make the guitar strings

9 replies
Suzycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Suzycakes Posted 28 Jul 2008 , 8:17pm
post #2 of 10

I have made 2 guitar cakes and I used white dental floss for the strings. I made the 'things' they attach to out of white almond bark.

HTH

Suze

sweetcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetcakes Posted 28 Jul 2008 , 9:17pm
post #3 of 10

i use royal icing and pipe with a tip 1 or 2 using a square dowel as a guide.

roxxxy_luvs_duff Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
roxxxy_luvs_duff Posted 28 Jul 2008 , 10:04pm
post #4 of 10

thanks so much for the ideas!!

tasteebakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tasteebakes Posted 28 Jul 2008 , 11:24pm
post #5 of 10

I leave the strings off.

sparklynne Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sparklynne Posted 29 Jul 2008 , 7:03am
post #6 of 10

I recently had a request to make a guitar cake for a high school graduate. I had never done one before and decided on metallic embroidery floss. I was able to wash it and dry it before applying it. Just in case. I have a picture of it in my gallery on here. It worked out pretty well and I was able to attatch it fairly well. I let the mother of the graduate know that the strings were not edible and they were ok with it. Hope this helps. Sounds like you have a few great ideas on here already.
Good Luck

thecreativeone4 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thecreativeone4 Posted 29 Jul 2008 , 7:34am
post #7 of 10

I use angel hair pasta. Kids like to eat it so I don't have to worry about someone eating something that is not edible.

Chefperl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Chefperl Posted 29 Jul 2008 , 1:12pm
post #8 of 10

i used royal icing the first time, but it cracked in transport. the second time i painted angel hair with luster dust.
i like to use as many edible things as possible, but you can use wire.

MissRobin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MissRobin Posted 29 Jul 2008 , 1:39pm
post #9 of 10

I made mine with fondant and an extruder!! Just be careful in transportation, if they dry to long before you transport they crack, I learned that the hard way and had to do them over at last minute. I probably would do them on site next time!

MissRobin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MissRobin Posted 29 Jul 2008 , 1:41pm
post #10 of 10

I made mine with fondant and an extruder!! Just be careful in transportation, if they dry to long before you transport they crack, I learned that the hard way and had to do them over at last minute. I probably would do them on site next time!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%