Help Please ??

Decorating By lou54 Updated 28 Jul 2008 , 9:53pm by lou54

lou54 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lou54 Posted 28 Jul 2008 , 6:07pm
post #1 of 6

Hello all !!!
Need some help please if you can ? I have sculpted Elmo for my cake topper ?? [ in ricekrispes] Now i need some advice should i pipe on with Royal Icning or should i use Buttercream ??? and should i put a thin layer of buttercream under the royal icing ????? Any advice ????? anyone ???? what would be easier and maybe the nicest ???? Ok just maybe easier lol
thanks inadvance have a great day all
lou

5 replies
JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 28 Jul 2008 , 6:49pm
post #2 of 6

You can use either RI or buttercream. icon_smile.gif

Here's a 3D Elmo RKT cake topper tutorial:
(Which also shows how to cover in RI.)

http://www.cakescanada.com/HowTo/HowTo-Elmo.pdf

If you have more questions....

Everything you ever wanted to know about RKT's:

http://forum.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopicp-2376311-.html

HTH

Michelle104 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Michelle104 Posted 28 Jul 2008 , 6:50pm
post #3 of 6

I think royal or bc would work just the same. I wouldn't do a bc layer though because the fur doesn't have to be smooth. Are you using the grass tip? Make sure you let me know when you post! I can never look at enough Elmo cakes!! icon_lol.gif

millermom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
millermom Posted 28 Jul 2008 , 6:59pm
post #4 of 6

It's my understanding that RI will not set up if it comes in contact with the grease in BC; so you might not want to use both. I'm not sure how it would turn out. icon_confused.gif

DEBBIE157 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DEBBIE157 Posted 28 Jul 2008 , 7:14pm
post #5 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by millermom

It's my understanding that RI will not set up if it comes in contact with the grease in BC; so you might not want to use both. I'm not sure how it would turn out. icon_confused.gif

ditto that!!

lou54 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lou54 Posted 28 Jul 2008 , 9:53pm
post #6 of 6

Thanks for all the info. I sure do appreciate it . Yes i am using the grass tip. Hope as someone else says it doesn't turn out like big foot lol icon_lol.gificon_lol.gifWish me luck i think i might have gotten in over my head on this one ???? But i just can't say no to a two year old icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif who loves elmo .
have a good night all

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%