Cookie Cutter Sale!

Baking By hallfamily727 Updated 30 Jul 2008 , 12:01pm by TracyLH

hallfamily727 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hallfamily727 Posted 28 Jul 2008 , 3:44pm
post #1 of 14

For those who like them, I just got a notice that Foose is currently having a 40% off sale. Just thought I'd pass it along!

13 replies
OhioBaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
OhioBaker Posted 28 Jul 2008 , 4:09pm
post #2 of 14

Do you have to have a special code or am I missing it? I'm on their website, but don't see anything about a sale. Please help.

hallfamily727 Posted 28 Jul 2008 , 4:18pm
post #3 of 14

I got the notice in my email from their ebay store. I didn't see a code!

hallfamily727 Posted 28 Jul 2008 , 4:22pm
post #4 of 14

Yeah, I just double checked....if you buy at their Ebay store, then it's 40% off.

Here's the link:

http://stores.ebay.com/Foose-Cookie-Cutters

mcdonald Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mcdonald Posted 28 Jul 2008 , 4:58pm
post #5 of 14

great find!! Thank you sooo much!

sweetness11379 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetness11379 Posted 28 Jul 2008 , 5:14pm
post #6 of 14

Thanks so much for posting this!

raquel1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
raquel1 Posted 28 Jul 2008 , 5:49pm
post #7 of 14

OMG! I'm kinda new to cookie baking (other than your regular choc. chip...) and I love it. Armed with the NFSC recipe and now this cookie cutter site I feel I can do anything icon_biggrin.gif I had never heard of them, so thanks for sharing icon_smile.gif

Honeydukes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Honeydukes Posted 29 Jul 2008 , 4:21am
post #8 of 14

If you purchase from their site the cookies are already $1.50 and up. The minis are $1.50 compared to the Ebay "sale" price of $1.59. icon_confused.gif Am I missing something?

http://www.foosecookiecutters.com/store/

TracyLH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TracyLH Posted 29 Jul 2008 , 11:09am
post #9 of 14

Thanks for posting this, Carrie!

Honeydukes, here is the direct link to their store. The sale is still going on right now: http://stores.ebay.com/Foose-Cookie-Cutters. Have fun!

Honeydukes Posted 29 Jul 2008 , 1:57pm
post #10 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by TracyLH

... Honeydukes, here is the direct link to their store. The sale is still going on...

Thanks, Tracy, I did see the link. But what I'm saying is that if you look at their website the same cuters are cheaper than what they're listed for on Ebay. The sale really isn't a sale because the starting prices are higher.

That's what's got me confused. Am I the only one who sees this? I admit, I've been up all night. dunce.gif

TracyLH Posted 29 Jul 2008 , 2:22pm
post #11 of 14

Hmm... good point, Honeydukes! You can tell I am really sleep deprived this week! Carrie had already kindly given the link!

You are so right! I did a spot check and on their normal site (www.foosecookiecutters.com) the 5" octopus is $1.25, marked down from $2.00 (it is one of their on-sale cutters). On the E-Bay it is $2.70, marked down from $4.50.

On their normal site the regularly priced (i.e. - not an on-sale cutter) charcoal grill is $1.50. On their E-Bay store the original price is $1.65, marked down from $2.75.

The only other difference I see is that if you order through the E-Bay store, there is a flat-shipping fee of $5.50, whereas on their normal store site, the flat shipping fee is $7.25. Interesting.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention! I'll PM Carrie as I correspond with her anyway in case she doesn't happen to be watching this post.

hallfamily727 Posted 29 Jul 2008 , 3:10pm
post #12 of 14

Thanks for the PM Tracey...and doesn't it figure! Oh well, I had only accidentally discovered the Foose cutters on Ebay when I was looking for something else, so I hadn't even gone to their "regular" store site before.

That's ok, tho. I liked the flat rate shipping. About a month ago I ordered 96 cutters when they were having a sale on their Ebay store. But at least I know for next time!!

Honeydukes Posted 29 Jul 2008 , 11:16pm
post #13 of 14

Thanks, Tracy. I am mathmatically challenged! I kept looking and it didn't seem right. But that is an excellent point about the shipping!! You really have to watch that these days.

I do know that Ebay shops are a great alternative for people who are overseas.

TracyLH Posted 30 Jul 2008 , 12:01pm
post #14 of 14

Honeydukes - I don't think you are mathematically challenged - you are the one who caught this!

Thanks for figuring out something was amiss!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%