Your Opinions Please ...on My Flowers

Decorating By korkyo Updated 30 Jul 2008 , 4:54am by orianadalyyorkshire8656

korkyo Posted 28 Jul 2008 , 4:02am
post #1 of 9

I am working on some gum paste flowers and I am NOT a florist. I can make the flowers but I have a hard time with the grouping and placement.

This is a dummy cake that I am working on. It is a 12" sq with an 8"round stacked then a REALLY tall candle pillar and a 6" round on top. My orginal idea was to put a large grouping on the top cascading down and a smaller one on the bottom but now I'm thinking it should be the other way around.

You have to use a bit of imagination because the smaller group in not yet done.

Tell me what you think. BE HONEST too!! I can take it.

I also have to say that I am excited that I figured out how to add more than one photo!!! icon_lol.gif

8 replies
Sugarflowers Posted 28 Jul 2008 , 4:46am
post #2 of 9

The flowers look very good. You might want to consider curving the spray into backward C or an S shape. This will give a little softness and visual flow.

misabel99 Posted 28 Jul 2008 , 6:30am
post #3 of 9

thumbs_up.gif Your flowers are really nice. very good job.

msmeg Posted 28 Jul 2008 , 10:10pm
post #4 of 9

lovely! I like the large group of flowers on the top but then I like it on the lower teir also do you have any more flowers ?

the spray is perfect until you get to the 2 top calla lilies and they seem to jut out I agree they should be curved back towards the cake a bit.

korkyo Posted 29 Jul 2008 , 1:34pm
post #5 of 9

Ok, I think it's done. it was hard to get a decent photo.
Tell me what you think of the fowers and what could be improved upon.

jammjenks Posted 29 Jul 2008 , 7:41pm
post #6 of 9

I love this last placement. The flowers look so good!

loriana Posted 29 Jul 2008 , 7:55pm
post #7 of 9

Very beautiful! Great job and love the cleanness of the white cakes set with the white flowers and leaves. Great job and your calla lillies look well made! thumbs_up.gif

fondantgrl Posted 30 Jul 2008 , 4:34am
post #8 of 9

I think those are the best flowers you have ever made. icon_biggrin.gif

orianadalyyorkshire8656 Posted 30 Jul 2008 , 4:54am
post #9 of 9

I agree with fondantgrl these flowers look SOO elegant ! I personally don't enjoy too many flowers - sometimes it's overwhelming!! But this is Perfecto!!

Good luck

Quote by @%username% on %date%