Calling All Color Mixing Experts!!!!

Decorating By Tweedie Updated 28 Jul 2008 , 10:47pm by stlcakelady

Tweedie Posted 28 Jul 2008 , 1:43am
post #1 of 6

I'm trying to achieve a cranberry color. Does anyone know how to do this or which color I should even start with? Should I try red with some blue?

I tried pink with a little red and it's more of a raspberry color. I haven't found any color charts that list cranberry and I tried to search the forums and found posts about it but no one really said if/how they finally got it.

Thanks for any help!!!

5 replies
FromScratch Posted 28 Jul 2008 , 1:53am
post #2 of 6

Take your red and add a little blue to it. icon_smile.gif

gateaux Posted 28 Jul 2008 , 1:57am
post #3 of 6

try this one:

http://forum.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=5959537#5959537

If some of the titles dont work for you or if you try and it does not work. Try to PM the poster. They might be able to help.

Ruby Red, may be a good idea to try.

Good Luck.

Tweedie Posted 28 Jul 2008 , 10:45am
post #4 of 6

Thank you for your replies. I kind of thought the blue might do it. I will definitely try it later today when I get home from work!!!

roxieebd1195 Posted 28 Jul 2008 , 8:36pm
post #5 of 6

I just made Burgandy which is kinda like a cranberry color just alittle darker and I just kept on adding red and purple then mixing it until it got to that color. It took awhile but it got there.

stlcakelady Posted 28 Jul 2008 , 10:47pm
post #6 of 6

Try the red & blue, possibly a little rose and add some brown...just a touch. The brown will tone it down.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%