Rice Krispie Recipe / Tutorial Please

Decorating By born2bake Updated 2 Aug 2008 , 8:02pm by born2bake

born2bake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
born2bake Posted 28 Jul 2008 , 1:41am
post #1 of 7

I've done a search on this site and cannot find the recipe. I'm sure if I googled it I would find it, however, I wanted to get a tutorial as well to get some step by step guidance on how to shape and mold it, how to store it, how long will it stay stored, some do's and don'ts. Does anything like this exist on CC or can you send me a link to look elsewhere or share with me what you know.

TIA!

B2B

6 replies
jdharr123 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jdharr123 Posted 28 Jul 2008 , 1:55am
post #2 of 7

I used the recipe on the rice krispie box and shaped mine by hand. It is sticky and you have to work with it while it is warm. Just make sure you grease your hands or tools. I have only done it once, so far. I would be interested in hearing about others adventures. Then I covered in fondant looked a little bumpy but they loved it.

mgigglin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mgigglin Posted 28 Jul 2008 , 10:59am
post #3 of 7

I had asked a friend from here about this very topic, and how to get it all smooth... her response was to put the rice Krispies in the food processor first! I don't know why I never thought of that, it's just too easy! I do cover mine in royal icing before covering it in fondant. Not to hijack the OP but is there an easier way to get it all covered in RI? Mine are always so messy! icon_redface.gif

well I hope the food processor tip helps! icon_lol.gif

Kim

vickymacd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vickymacd Posted 28 Jul 2008 , 11:18am
post #4 of 7

mgigglin~ good thought on covering in RI first. I knew about the smashing them down, or food processor idea.
I haven't had a need to mold with this yet....can't get past eating them all first!! Love Rice Krispies!

imakecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
imakecakes Posted 28 Jul 2008 , 11:41am
post #5 of 7

I've only made them once, too. I would love some hints for sculpting them if any seasoned pros can help! Good question, OP, Thanks!!

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 28 Jul 2008 , 12:06pm
post #6 of 7

Everything you ever wanted to know about RKT's:

http://forum.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopicp-2376311.html

Above includes recipes, info on molding, hints & tips, and a lot more.

HTH

born2bake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
born2bake Posted 2 Aug 2008 , 8:02pm
post #7 of 7

Jan - -You are the CC link Queen!!

Thanks for all this valuable info.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%