Business Cards

Business By CupcakingChristine Updated 28 Jul 2008 , 4:38pm by MichelleM77

CupcakingChristine Posted 28 Jul 2008 , 1:00am
post #1 of 16

Hello,

I am looking to print up business cards to advertise a small start up cupcake business. I did some online searchs and wasn't happy with the results. I am interested to hear from everyone else orders their business cards! Thanks!

15 replies
LeckieAnne Posted 28 Jul 2008 , 1:05am
post #2 of 16

Actually, instead of business cards if I was going to start a business -- I'd print moo cards. They're so cute, and each card can be different with cute pics of your cupcakes. Check out moo.com icon_smile.gif

psurrette Posted 28 Jul 2008 , 1:12am
post #3 of 16

www.vistaprint.com

Janette Posted 28 Jul 2008 , 1:21am
post #4 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by psurrette

www.vistaprint.com

Just what I was going to say. I got post size cards to add pictures of my cakes on it along with the information.

thin4life Posted 28 Jul 2008 , 1:23am
post #5 of 16

I just received my order of business cards from Vista Print and I am really disappointed in the quality of the print. I will be calling them tomorrow to complain. Not sure what the outcome will be but I am none to happy with them at this point.

lu9129 Posted 28 Jul 2008 , 1:35am
post #6 of 16

Somebody post a link that everything you wanted to order for cupcakes. You could even get postage stamps with your cupcakes on them if I am understanding right.

It was something like Zazzle, it start with a z.

HTH

Lu

Cyndi1207 Posted 28 Jul 2008 , 1:39am
post #7 of 16

It's too bad you had a bad experience with vistaprint.com. I've ordered from them several times and have always been happy with the outcome.............and they're super inexpensive as well.

SugarFrosted Posted 28 Jul 2008 , 1:42am
post #8 of 16
starra328 Posted 28 Jul 2008 , 1:47am
post #9 of 16

I used staples for my business cards and i love them.

indydebi Posted 28 Jul 2008 , 2:59am
post #10 of 16

If you're looking for postcards, I recommend the good 'ole United States Postal Service. Go to www.usps.com, scroll down to "Create Your Own Cards" and check it out.

I created a sample postcard and mailed it to myself. I put a photo of one of my cookie bouquets on the front. The quality of the pic and the card is unsurpassed by anything I've ever seen.

The marketing lady at the post office stopped in the store to tell me about it and I'm showing my postcard to everyone who will listen!

What's great is you can buy one ... or you can buy one million.

Create it online ... fill in the address, the info ... and the post office mails it for you.

I plan to use this to thank the client. Send a photo of the wedding cake (since we all take one of those anyway!) to the parents of the bride, thanking them for letting you be a part of their daughter's special day. They have a VERY NICE 4x6 photo of their daughter's wedding cake ... and your name in front of them one more time as they show all of their friends what a nice personalized postcard you sent them.

rohoho Posted 28 Jul 2008 , 3:06am
post #11 of 16

staples.com turned out great, picked them up in 4 hours.

mgdsue02 Posted 28 Jul 2008 , 3:11am
post #12 of 16

I print my own business cards...I have Print Master Platinum and used it to design my cards, then printed them on quality card stock paper.

tara22 Posted 28 Jul 2008 , 3:31am
post #13 of 16

indydebi, what a great idea. sending a thank you card with a picture of their cake is brilliant. they will be more willing to put something like that up on the fridge....and when that next occasion comes and they need another cake....you will be the first one they think of. icon_lol.gif

indydebi Posted 28 Jul 2008 , 3:37am
post #14 of 16

And parents of brides tend to have friends who ALSO have daughters in the marrying age bracket! And moms talk to each other!! thumbs_up.gif

(Plus how many times is the PARENT recognized for the daughter's wedding day and all the work and money that went into it? This will set you apart from all the other vendors!)

Just be sure to get the parent's address at the initial meeting. If they ask why, just flat out tell them, "I always send the parents something after the wedding."

tara22 Posted 28 Jul 2008 , 3:53am
post #15 of 16

my mother actually owns a advertising specialty business and i am looking into that "extra something" in the advertising that sets me apart.
i have found these plastic cake servers in really cute colors. I have thought about ordering some of these with my name and number printed on them and sticking them in the cake box. how many times do people order cakes and forget to bring a cake server to the party??? just a little something extra that sets me apart....(plus i get them for cost).

MichelleM77 Posted 28 Jul 2008 , 4:38pm
post #16 of 16

I have used VistaPrint and have been happy. You get what you pay for, so if you are paying for $4.99 cards, well then that's what you will get, but you can play around with their designs, not stuck with what comes up on the display. I broke down last week and ordered some. Not bad. I didn't get the glossy coat which would make them look really good, but for what I paid I'm happy.

My sister has an advertising/promotional products business as well and I've looked at cake servers, etc. Of course you have to buy a minimum (anywhere from 250 to 1000) and then the set-up fees are like $250 to just get started. I think I'll stick to my business cards for now. icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%