Coolest Cupcake Stands!

Baking By maryjsgirl Updated 19 Aug 2008 , 1:39am by AlamoSweets

maryjsgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maryjsgirl Posted 28 Jul 2008 , 12:05am
post #1 of 19

I ran into these tonight and had to share! I think these are awesome stands and if anyone of you brilliant ladies can come up with a way to do these I would love to hear!

http://passionforpastry.com/index.php?option=com_expose&Itemid=29

Click on "click occasion"

then

click on "cupcake trees"

18 replies
ValMommytoDanny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ValMommytoDanny Posted 28 Jul 2008 , 2:45am
post #2 of 19

Is that a ready made stand that they decorated? I see that most of the toppers are foam but I can't decide what the tree structure is.

Wood would be too heavy I would think - are these premade? Anybody know or have any ideas?

These are really great - thanks for sharing!

AKA_cupcakeshoppe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AKA_cupcakeshoppe Posted 28 Jul 2008 , 5:03am
post #3 of 19

might be foam core?

muddpuppy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
muddpuppy Posted 29 Jul 2008 , 2:14pm
post #4 of 19

OMG.. I really like these... I'm going to try to build one today.. lol...so cute..

cakequeen50 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakequeen50 Posted 29 Jul 2008 , 5:28pm
post #5 of 19

I absolutely LOVE these! I wonder how much they charge for those custom made trees and if they are rented and the topper part is custom $$.

michellenj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
michellenj Posted 29 Jul 2008 , 7:44pm
post #6 of 19

Those are adorable.

CakeWhizz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeWhizz Posted 29 Jul 2008 , 7:55pm
post #7 of 19

Many thanks for this. They are very cool stands indeed.

auntiekim82 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
auntiekim82 Posted 29 Jul 2008 , 8:16pm
post #8 of 19

These are really cool!

Speaking as a carpenter's daughter...these would be fairly simple to make. Basically, just hit up your local home improvement store and ask for some Hardboard. It's lightweight, but sturdy...a bit thinner than I see in the pictures, but if you're looking for cost efficiency and a lighter transport option...a sheet of Hardwood board (cut to your desired sizes) would be perfect.

HTH!

Pat317 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pat317 Posted 30 Jul 2008 , 6:09am
post #9 of 19

Those definitely look like foam core board. It is very easy to cut with an exacto knife. The braces are the simple " cut half way from the top of one complete brace, and half way from the bottom of one complete brace. Slide the top and bottom together to form an T or X. It forms a very sturdy brace to hold the different foam core circles of each layer. Of course, you must increase the size of the brace to accommodate the size of the circle it supports. I would suggest gluing each layer ( the braces ) together with hot clue. It would be rather inexpensive, and totally disposable.

maryjsgirl Posted 30 Jul 2008 , 10:49pm
post #10 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat317

Those definitely look like foam core board. It is very easy to cut with an exacto knife. The braces are the simple " cut half way from the top of one complete brace, and half way from the bottom of one complete brace. Slide the top and bottom together to form an T or X. It forms a very sturdy brace to hold the different foam core circles of each layer. Of course, you must increase the size of the brace to accommodate the size of the circle it supports. I would suggest gluing each layer ( the braces ) together with hot clue. It would be rather inexpensive, and totally disposable.

Oh so you think the entire thing is the foam core? That would definitely be easier and I am sure cheaper than wood. Do you think it would be sturdy?

Pat317 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pat317 Posted 31 Jul 2008 , 6:59am
post #11 of 19

As long as the braces extend far enough outward, there should be no problem. You can also buy different thicknesses of the foam core board. I might also suggest adding a decorative ribbon, attached with corsage pins, to give the edges a finished appearance. Cover the top and bottom of the foam core board with clear contact paper if you intend on using it more then once. This will enable you to wipe any mess off.

maryjsgirl Posted 31 Jul 2008 , 3:08pm
post #12 of 19

Thanks!

cupcakemkr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupcakemkr Posted 31 Jul 2008 , 5:13pm
post #13 of 19

I agree with Pat wholeheartedly! As soon I saw these I thought the same thing. foam rounds for the plates and same sized rounds for support of each plate, the round cut in half and then a center cut half way up on both halves then slipped together. Decorate as you wish!

msdmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
msdmom Posted 5 Aug 2008 , 6:06am
post #14 of 19

I hope this helps it looks similar...but if not at least you can get some ideas possibly..

http://www.cakejournal.com/archives/how-to-make-a-cake-stand-for-cupcakes-or-mini-cakes/

banba Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
banba Posted 10 Aug 2008 , 1:05am
post #15 of 19

wow thanks for sharing they are cute and "makeable".

kellymarie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kellymarie Posted 10 Aug 2008 , 4:20am
post #16 of 19

I am pretty sure these are sold on cupcake tree dot com..... that's what it looks like to me, and they are reasonably priced too. I would try and make it myself but..my husbands just not that handy, and I have a one year old to watch and cakes to bake! icon_biggrin.gif

cakegal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakegal Posted 10 Aug 2008 , 10:51pm
post #17 of 19

I love the look of the swirled painted cupcake trees...WOW!! I just loved all their theme trees too...WOW!!!
I would love to be so creative.
Thanks for the link.

misabel99 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
misabel99 Posted 17 Aug 2008 , 7:12pm
post #18 of 19

Thanks for the link they are pretty does any one know where can I get Foam Core? icon_redface.gif TIA

AlamoSweets Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AlamoSweets Posted 19 Aug 2008 , 1:39am
post #19 of 19

I get all of my foam core board at Hobby Lobby when they have it 50% off. I use a lot of it as boards for my larger cakes. I buy the 1/2 inch and I love it!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%