Morning Delivery For Evening Wedding?

Decorating By wildflower Updated 29 Jul 2008 , 8:54pm by loriana

wildflower Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wildflower Posted 27 Jul 2008 , 5:01pm
post #1 of 6

hi there!
i have a wedding cake due to be delivered on august 2nd,and the wedding starts at 6 in the evening
i was wondering if it would be ok to deliver the cakes around 11-12 ,the hall will be airconditioned so there is no problem with humidity there but i just wanted to know if any of u had done it that early and if it turned out ok
i would liek to be sure it is before i ask the bride if i can bring it at that time since she wasnt realy too specific about the delivery time anyway
TIA!

5 replies
cakesbyallison Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbyallison Posted 27 Jul 2008 , 5:07pm
post #2 of 6

I would confirm with the coordinator at the reception location. Make sure the table will be set up by then (you don't want anyone moving the cake after you set up), and make sure it's safe (out of the way of things being set up). You also don't know if they have anything else going on prior to the reception, so you probably need to discuss w/ them. I'm sure the cake itself is fine, just need to confirm w/ them first.

taxnerd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
taxnerd Posted 28 Jul 2008 , 1:11am
post #3 of 6

If the reception venue is OK with it and confirms that they will NOT move the table after the cake is setup, I would definitely do it.

jmt1714 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jmt1714 Posted 28 Jul 2008 , 10:10pm
post #4 of 6

definitely clear with the venue, b/c for all you know there could be an afternoon wedding there and your set-up might need ot happen after that is cleared

wildflower Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wildflower Posted 29 Jul 2008 , 7:07pm
post #5 of 6

thnx so much for the replies!
the bride has the hall booked soley for her wedding from the morning of and the decorator will be finished by mid morning,the bride is giving me an exact time as to when so hopefully that will narrow down my choices
thnx againicon_smile.gif

loriana Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
loriana Posted 29 Jul 2008 , 8:54pm
post #6 of 6

Wait! Hold the presses! One more thing: I'm not even like, a real decorator with a business but if I were, I would make sure to tell you to get a signature saying the cake was delivered in good order and to the customer's satisfaction. That way they can never blame you for what could potentially happen to it between morning to the evening wedding!!! Cover your rear!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%