Wasc Help!!

Decorating By Valli_War Updated 27 Jul 2008 , 8:47pm by Valli_War

Valli_War Posted 27 Jul 2008 , 1:58pm
post #1 of 6

I want to make a WASC 11 X 15 cake. I had tried with two recipes of wasc and it came out great (using two boxes). I need to make a banana cake. I have made strawberry version by putting cut strawberries. I used one cup of berries per box mix. It was good. I don't know if I need to make any changes in other liquid quantities if I use mashed up bananas. If someone has tried it could you please help me out how much mashed bananas did you put and did you have to cut down on liquid. I want to use white or yellow cake mixes instead of banana mix and put real bananas in it.

TIA,

5 replies
SugarBakerz Posted 27 Jul 2008 , 2:10pm
post #2 of 6

i have done it with white mixes and used banana pudding powder poured into the batter... I added a little banana extract to the batter to give it the banana flavor I wanted. HTH

oh one box of pudding per batter so if you were using the 2 cake mix recipe, use 2 pudding boxes. flavor with extract to taste

LeckieAnne Posted 27 Jul 2008 , 2:12pm
post #3 of 6

I've not tried it, but I wonder if you could just replace the sour cream with mashed bananas?

Valli_War Posted 27 Jul 2008 , 4:36pm
post #4 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by SugarBakerz

i have done it with white mixes and used banana pudding powder poured into the batter... I added a little banana extract to the batter to give it the banana flavor I wanted. HTH

oh one box of pudding per batter so if you were using the 2 cake mix recipe, use 2 pudding boxes. flavor with extract to taste

When you use banana pudding powder, do you use 4 eggs and 1 cup of sour cream and 1 cup of flour, 1 cup of sugar also?

Thanks.

SugarBakerz Posted 27 Jul 2008 , 8:44pm
post #5 of 6

i don't alter the recipe at all except for adding the boxes of powder and extract. I use pudding powder in all of my mixes to give it more flavor. I use the WASC and just change the flavors with liquers, extracts, and puddings... HTH

Valli_War Posted 27 Jul 2008 , 8:47pm
post #6 of 6

Thanks SugarBakerz I'll give it a try.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%