Will Imbc Hold Up...

Decorating By suzylynn58 Updated 27 Jul 2008 , 6:26pm by suzylynn58

suzylynn58 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
suzylynn58 Posted 27 Jul 2008 , 1:23pm
post #1 of 4

I am doing a cake for a co-worker this week. I have never used IMBC before, but would like to try it on this cake. I am planning to do the choc version.

Because of my work schedule I need to make the cake Monday morning, but it won't be served till Tuesday lunch. Will the IMBC hold up in the fridge for this amount of time?

Susan

3 replies
antonia74 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
antonia74 Posted 27 Jul 2008 , 5:19pm
post #2 of 4

Totally fine for a few days! (Well, I'd say 5-6 max in regards to freshness, etc.)

Just remember to take the cake out of the fridge to come back up to room temp for a few hours before you eat it. Cold IMBC is icky....like eating a cold hard stick of butter from the fridge. The icing has to naturally temper before you enjoy it. icon_smile.gif It's not going to melt or slide off the cake, IMBC is stable....unless you take it outside in the summer heat or something silly.

tatetart Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tatetart Posted 27 Jul 2008 , 5:37pm
post #3 of 4

Be sure to seal it in an airtight container as IMBC will pick up
any other odors from your fridge.

suzylynn58 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
suzylynn58 Posted 27 Jul 2008 , 6:26pm
post #4 of 4

Thanks! My co-worker's favorite drink is a white russian. So I'm going to try to replicate that in a cake, only combine black and white russian. I'm doing two 10" rounds, one fr vanilla, one dark chocolate, torted and brushed with kahlua, white chocolate mousse filling and kahlua/choc (guess that would be mocha) frosting. I haven't decided whether to do the IMBC or a whipped ganache with kahlua for the frosting. Then do some sugared pecans on top.

Hope it works out,
Susan

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%