Will Imbc Hold Up...

Decorating By suzylynn58 Updated 27 Jul 2008 , 6:26pm by suzylynn58

suzylynn58 Posted 27 Jul 2008 , 1:23pm
post #1 of 4

I am doing a cake for a co-worker this week. I have never used IMBC before, but would like to try it on this cake. I am planning to do the choc version.

Because of my work schedule I need to make the cake Monday morning, but it won't be served till Tuesday lunch. Will the IMBC hold up in the fridge for this amount of time?

Susan

3 replies
antonia74 Posted 27 Jul 2008 , 5:19pm
post #2 of 4

Totally fine for a few days! (Well, I'd say 5-6 max in regards to freshness, etc.)

Just remember to take the cake out of the fridge to come back up to room temp for a few hours before you eat it. Cold IMBC is icky....like eating a cold hard stick of butter from the fridge. The icing has to naturally temper before you enjoy it. icon_smile.gif It's not going to melt or slide off the cake, IMBC is stable....unless you take it outside in the summer heat or something silly.

tatetart Posted 27 Jul 2008 , 5:37pm
post #3 of 4

Be sure to seal it in an airtight container as IMBC will pick up
any other odors from your fridge.

suzylynn58 Posted 27 Jul 2008 , 6:26pm
post #4 of 4

Thanks! My co-worker's favorite drink is a white russian. So I'm going to try to replicate that in a cake, only combine black and white russian. I'm doing two 10" rounds, one fr vanilla, one dark chocolate, torted and brushed with kahlua, white chocolate mousse filling and kahlua/choc (guess that would be mocha) frosting. I haven't decided whether to do the IMBC or a whipped ganache with kahlua for the frosting. Then do some sugared pecans on top.

Hope it works out,
Susan

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%