Professional Cake Decorating Supplies In Dallas Area?

Decorating By Rikki0422 Updated 28 Jul 2008 , 12:10pm by JMarieSweets

Rikki0422 Posted 27 Jul 2008 , 3:14am
post #1 of 13

Hi......

Guys I need a little help. I'm from New Orleans and currently living in the West Mckinney area. I was wondering if anyone could tell me where I could purchase my supplies? (i.e. pans, flavors, fillings, ect.) Most of them I'll order but you know how last minute disasters seem to pop up, lol!!!! I found one, Cake Carousel but they only have a limited selection.

12 replies
SweetHeather Posted 27 Jul 2008 , 3:30am
post #2 of 13

That's the biggest one in the Metroplex. You'll have to order anything else online

Mac Posted 27 Jul 2008 , 2:19pm
post #3 of 13

There is The Sale Place. Can't remember the address but the website (If I remember that correctly) is www.thesaleplace.com

They have boxes and boards for an extremely reasonable price--not like Michael's price. Tips, pans, dummies, stands, just about everything you may need in a pinch. Plus they have LOTS of flowers, wedding stuff, corsage making things for homecomings. I've been there 2x's and load up when I visit friends.

ssunshine564 Posted 27 Jul 2008 , 2:34pm
post #4 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetHeather

That's the biggest one in the Metroplex. You'll have to order anything else online

I agree with SweetHeather. If I can't find what I need at cake carousel I order from www.intotheoven.com or www.cakesbysam.com

booklady Posted 27 Jul 2008 , 2:40pm
post #5 of 13

I also live in west Mckinney and buy what I need from Cake Carousel, or Jo Ann's, Michael's. Other supplies I buy online.

Mac Posted 27 Jul 2008 , 2:42pm
post #6 of 13

The Sale Place is located in Balch Springs. Worth it to check it out.

1234me Posted 27 Jul 2008 , 3:26pm
post #7 of 13

I love Cake Carousel but their prices can hurt at times. SalePlace is not so nice but GREAT GREAT prices.

Rikki0422 Posted 27 Jul 2008 , 5:55pm
post #8 of 13

Thanks so much for the info!!! I really appreciate it......

Dixiegal01 Posted 27 Jul 2008 , 6:06pm
post #9 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac

The Sale Place is located in Balch Springs. Worth it to check it out.

It's right off I635, just take the Elam Rd exit. I love this place, I shopped here years before I ever got into the cake addiction.....great place for mum supplies or wedding items. I've tried to get the Manager to start stocking Hi Ratio shortning...that is the only thing I can't get there...hopefully soon though!

http://thesaleplace.com/

JMarieSweets Posted 27 Jul 2008 , 6:32pm
post #10 of 13

Hi guys. I live in McKinney too, where is Cake Carousel located? Thanks

Pookie59 Posted 27 Jul 2008 , 7:24pm
post #11 of 13

I go to SalePlace in Balch Springs. Their prices are better than Michaels, but I also buy whatever I can get at Walmart - their fancy foil is $2 cheaper than Michaels or SalePlace.

Dixiegal01 Posted 27 Jul 2008 , 10:16pm
post #12 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMarieSweets

Hi guys. I live in McKinney too, where is Cake Carousel located? Thanks

It's on 75 and Arapaho, you'll love it .....they also have an area in the back part of the store that has a huge collection of pans available for rent...ones that are really hard to find.

Pookie59....small world, I see you're from Mesquite too!

JMarieSweets Posted 28 Jul 2008 , 12:10pm
post #13 of 13

Thanks ill have to take a lil trip over there and do some shopping =)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%