How Do You Place Fresh Flowers On Fondant Cakes?

Decorating By sweetsbyl Updated 27 Jul 2008 , 7:12pm by loriemoms

sweetsbyl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetsbyl Posted 27 Jul 2008 , 12:01am
post #1 of 5

After confirming that the flowers are not harmful;
Do you lay them on the fondant cake?
or
Do you put in the fondant cake?
Thanks!

4 replies
sweetsbyl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetsbyl Posted 27 Jul 2008 , 5:46pm
post #2 of 5

Anyone?

Skidoochic Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Skidoochic Posted 27 Jul 2008 , 6:54pm
post #3 of 5

A lot of people will say you should not put fresh flowers on a cake, but I do it. If you want to stick them in the cake, Wilton makes little flower holders that work nicely. If you are laying them on the cake, I lay down a piece of wax paper or parchment paper and place the flowers on there.

There is a big discussion on this issue in one of sections, but I can't remember which one. You might want to try a search on fresh flowers.

I hope that helps! icon_biggrin.gif

Skidoochic Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Skidoochic Posted 27 Jul 2008 , 6:54pm
post #4 of 5

A lot of people will say you should not put fresh flowers on a cake, but I do it. If you want to stick them in the cake, Wilton makes little flower holders that work nicely. If you are laying them on the cake, I lay down a piece of wax paper or parchment paper and place the flowers on there.

There is a big discussion on this issue in one of sections, but I can't remember which one. You might want to try a search on fresh flowers.

I hope that helps! icon_biggrin.gif

loriemoms Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
loriemoms Posted 27 Jul 2008 , 7:12pm
post #5 of 5

I make sure the ends of dry and clean (I bring snippers with me and cut the ends off so they are alittle fresher) and just stick them in the cake. I have yet to see any evidence of anyone getting sick from a rose being put into a cake. (People put roses in their salads!) The only flower that I know of that you should NOT put on a cake, in a cake or even near a cake is a cala lilly and poinsettas.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%