I Get To Take 2 Classes With Aine2!!!!

Decorating By bambuf Updated 13 Aug 2008 , 3:21pm by Bettycrockermommy

Amia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Amia Posted 31 Jul 2008 , 4:27pm
post #61 of 87

I'm glad I saw this thread, since it stopped sending me updates! I'm in the dad and me and teddy bear classes. I'm up for rooming, but it seems that everyone is in the bride/groom class! Anyone else coming from SA?

Kyla, I have several questions for you:
1) What time will classes start? End?
2) How far is Cedar Park from Pflugerville?
3) If I drag DH along, instead of rooming, what kind of entertainment is in that area?
4) Can you PM me your email address? I have a new email and I lost yours -- I'm the one who kept emailing about the payments BTW. icon_rolleyes.gif

Oh and when did Baby A's get so bad? It used to be awesome! Of course, I haven't had it in about a decade, and I went to the one on Riverside, so maybe that's the difference. icon_lol.gif I do know that I plan to hit up the Salt Lick sometime on my way there or back. It's nowhere near where the classes are, but it's worth the drive!

Cakepro Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakepro Posted 31 Jul 2008 , 4:33pm
post #62 of 87

That would be great if you would book the classes there. It's an inexpensive motel and is easily accessible to us out-of-towners. Plus I love free breakfast and complimentary WiFi. icon_biggrin.gif

kylakae Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kylakae Posted 31 Jul 2008 , 5:16pm
post #63 of 87

1. Our intention was to run the class from 9-5. I have had a request to end the last class early to accommodate a student whose flight got bumped up by the airline. So, we could run it 8-4 on the last day.

2. Cedar Park is 20-30 minutes away depending on traffic

3. Depends on what interest the DH has. I love Austin and would be happy touring around, seeing the Capitol, doing a walking tour etc but his idea of entertainment could be a lot different. Heh.

4. Feel free to contact me at kyla_kae @ yahoo . com (take out the spaces)

p.s. I may hate Baby A's because it's texmex and I'm not keen. I love Mexican but hate TexMex.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amia1024

I'm glad I saw this thread, since it stopped sending me updates! I'm in the dad and me and teddy bear classes. I'm up for rooming, but it seems that everyone is in the bride/groom class! Anyone else coming from SA?

Kyla, I have several questions for you:
1) What time will classes start? End?
2) How far is Cedar Park from Pflugerville?
3) If I drag DH along, instead of rooming, what kind of entertainment is in that area?
4) Can you PM me your email address? I have a new email and I lost yours -- I'm the one who kept emailing about the payments BTW. icon_rolleyes.gif

Oh and when did Baby A's get so bad? It used to be awesome! Of course, I haven't had it in about a decade, and I went to the one on Riverside, so maybe that's the difference. icon_lol.gif I do know that I plan to hit up the Salt Lick sometime on my way there or back. It's nowhere near where the classes are, but it's worth the drive!

Amia Posted 31 Jul 2008 , 6:06pm
post #64 of 87

I guess DH will have to make do...if I don't find a roomie, he's going whether he wants to or not! icon_twisted.gif Thanks for answering all my questions!

When you say last class, I'm assuming you mean the bride and groom class? icon_confused.gif

kylakae Posted 31 Jul 2008 , 6:10pm
post #65 of 87

I mean the last day of the last class, which is the Bride & Groom class, yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amia1024

I guess DH will have to make do...if I don't find a roomie, he's going whether he wants to or not! icon_twisted.gif Thanks for answering all my questions!

When you say last class, I'm assuming you mean the bride and groom class? icon_confused.gif

melvin01 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
melvin01 Posted 31 Jul 2008 , 7:31pm
post #66 of 87

Kyla,

SHAME ON YOU! NOT like Baby A's?? haha. Did you see anything about FOOD on my list there?? The drinks are good and I do like their chips/salsa, but I understand what you mean.

There are many great places to eat around so I know that there won't be any worries as far as finding a place for the out of towners to eat at.

And AMIA1024, they are building a Salt Lick in Round Rock by Dell Diamond, but I don't know when the completion date is. I just emailed to ask them about that. I'll let you know, it would be a whole lot closer than driving down to Driftwood!

melvin01 Posted 31 Jul 2008 , 8:57pm
post #67 of 87

AMIA 1024; I just heard back and the Salt Lick and their location by the Dell Diamond is supposed to open in August, so you may not have to drive an hour to get some great BBQ!! I put the links to both below so you can see where the Dell Diamond is. Woohoo! I cannot wait myself! I missed out on a party at the Salt Lick this last weekend because I was in Fort Worth for a tournament, but made a huge sheet cake for the event. Just not the same...

www.saltlickbbq.com
www.roundrockexpress.com

dabear Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dabear Posted 31 Jul 2008 , 9:19pm
post #68 of 87

The address mentioned earlier is my home address. I had planned to have the classes in my home but now that the classes have grown slightly I'm looking at alternate locations (still close to my home).

I am so sorry I posted this. I did not know. icon_redface.gif
How do I have the moderators remove that post?

Amia Posted 31 Jul 2008 , 9:27pm
post #69 of 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by melvin01

AMIA 1024; I just heard back and the Salt Lick and their location by the Dell Diamond is supposed to open in August, so you may not have to drive an hour to get some great BBQ!! I put the links to both below so you can see where the Dell Diamond is. Woohoo! I cannot wait myself! I missed out on a party at the Salt Lick this last weekend because I was in Fort Worth for a tournament, but made a huge sheet cake for the event. Just not the same...

www.saltlickbbq.com
www.roundrockexpress.com

Wow, that's awesome! Thanks for the links. Actually the original Salt Lick is kind of on my way, since I live in San Antonio, but this would be much more convenient! We should all go after class! Mmm ribs! Now I'm hungry!

melvin01 Posted 31 Jul 2008 , 9:42pm
post #70 of 87

Tell me about it! I'm craving me some Salt Lick now, too!! I just hope the north location is as good, but since everything is going to be new, I'm sure the 30 year old pit has a more seasoned flavor.

I may have to test their BBQ before October and get back to you...I mean, I HATE to do it, but I just may have to--in the name of research for my fellow CCers!!

{sigh} The sacrifices I'm willing to make!

Julisa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Julisa Posted 31 Jul 2008 , 9:57pm
post #71 of 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by bambuf

I must admit...I am really quite intimidated about taking the class. I really haven't done much modeling, so I hope I don't look like an idiot! icon_smile.gif LOL

Oh I am sure you will do great thumbs_up.gif I am so very excited for you...OK, and a little green in the eyes.

Have a great time, and do post pictures.

kylakae Posted 31 Jul 2008 , 10:35pm
post #72 of 87

Heh. Don't worry about it, you didn't know! Just no stalkers, please! icon_biggrin.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabear

The address mentioned earlier is my home address. I had planned to have the classes in my home but now that the classes have grown slightly I'm looking at alternate locations (still close to my home).

I am so sorry I posted this. I did not know. icon_redface.gif
How do I have the moderators remove that post?

kylakae Posted 31 Jul 2008 , 10:47pm
post #73 of 87

Come to think of it, you didn't mention food! *LOL*

Ohh, I'm so excited about the Salt Lick coming to RR! I'll definitely put that on the list for one of the nights while Lorraine is in town. I'm going to try and get tix to a baseball game at the Dell Diamond, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by melvin01

SHAME ON YOU! NOT like Baby A's?? haha. Did you see anything about FOOD on my list there?? The drinks are good and I do like their chips/salsa, but I understand what you mean.

There are many great places to eat around so I know that there won't be any worries as far as finding a place for the out of towners to eat at.

And AMIA1024, they are building a Salt Lick in Round Rock by Dell Diamond, but I don't know when the completion date is. I just emailed to ask them about that. I'll let you know, it would be a whole lot closer than driving down to Driftwood!

kylakae Posted 6 Aug 2008 , 4:03am
post #74 of 87

Okay, folks, I'm sorry this is taking a while but negotiating with multiple hotels is time consuming! I think I've worked out a deal with the Wingate by Wyndham.

The rooms would be $92 a night and the meeting room would be on-site.

Your get a complimentary hot breakfast, including waffles, eggs, cereals, fruit, toast, biscuits, and an assortment of juices, milk, coffee and teas all in a comfortable atmosphere.

I (Capital Confectioners) will be providing a lunch for you each day of class so you will be covered for two meals a day.

The hotel also offers free high-speed Internet access, in-room coffee makers, a business center and convenient wake-up service.

Complimentary daily newspapers and in-room voicemail will help you stay informed and in touch. Not to mention an outdoor pool and hot tub...though it's doubtful you'll want to use a hot tub with our current temperatures!

I should finish the paperwork tomorrow and view the rooms just to make sure they are up to our standards but they are well rated by guests.

Ky

bambuf Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bambuf Posted 6 Aug 2008 , 7:01am
post #75 of 87

Thanks, Kyla! The accomodations sound great! icon_smile.gif

Amia Posted 6 Aug 2008 , 4:03pm
post #76 of 87

Sounds great! Thanks Kyla!

dabear Posted 7 Aug 2008 , 12:59am
post #77 of 87

worked out a deal with the Wingate by Wyndham.

The rooms would be $92 a night and the meeting room would be on-site.

the hotel looks very nice. i hope this one works out!

kylakae Posted 8 Aug 2008 , 3:09pm
post #78 of 87

Hi Folks, I haven't forgotten about you! Yesterday I went and viewed the meeting space and the guest rooms at the Hampton and met with their event coordinator, Krista. The hotel is in a good location with places to eat nearby and not far from downtown.

I will be meeting with Rosemary at the Wingate at 4pm today to see their meeting room and guest rooms. The Wingate is in RR, whereas the Hampton is in Austin. The rooms at the Wingate are $92 as opposed to the rooms at the Hampton which they can only get down to $99 for us.

I'll let you know the outcome of my meeting this afternoon when I get home.

Thanks for hanging in there with me!

kylakae Posted 9 Aug 2008 , 12:52am
post #79 of 87

I went to view the meeting space and guest rooms at the Wingate by Wyndham today. The deal for the Wingate vs the Hampton was very similar with the Hampton coming in at $7 a night higher.

After viewing the two locations I've settled on the Wingate. The hotel itself is nicer and newer and the meeting facility is twice the size.

So, please feel free to go ahead and make your reservations. Just let them know you're with the Capital Confectioners group to get our $92 a night rate. The phone number is 512-341-7000. You can book a King or 2 double beds for those of you who want to share. If you don't need someone to share a room I'd suggest posting to the forum on the website:

http://events.capitalconfectioners.com/punbb/index.php

The hotel offers:

A free hot breakfast
A free cocktail/beer every evening and snacks, including paninis
Free high speed internet throughout the hotel
You can use the 24 Hour fitness across the street free with your hotel key card
Free tea & coffee throughout the day
The hotel has a swimming pool and a small indoor fitness center
Lots of restaurants nearby

Let me know if you have any questions!

Kyla

dabear Posted 9 Aug 2008 , 5:32am
post #80 of 87

Thank-you for letting us know! I am so excited I already booked my room! Just to let you know, I made my rsvp online and got a room for 89.25 a night for double beds! The hotel looks so nice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
icon_biggrin.gif

kylakae Posted 9 Aug 2008 , 5:45am
post #81 of 87

Well, dang. I hope it will count as one of our block of rooms. Did you note that you were part of our group?

Did you book via their website or something like hotels.com?

dabear Posted 9 Aug 2008 , 12:05pm
post #82 of 87

I booked it straight thru their website. I'll call and let them know what group I'm part of. When I rsvpd, I wasn't sure who to say I was with. It did have a spot where you could give the hotel special information.

kylakae Posted 9 Aug 2008 , 4:23pm
post #83 of 87

Deanna, apparently there is a web special right now that you got in on.

I talked to Rosemary, our event coordinator and she agreed to lower the room rate for our group to the $89.25 that you paid and she set your room to count as one of ours!

dabear Posted 10 Aug 2008 , 4:21am
post #84 of 87

Well that is awesome! I haven't had time to call today. We had a luau today. I'm so happy she was able to lower the rates! I'll be there the nights of the 16th & 17th. I cannot contain my enthusiam-everybody gets to listen about my Austin trip and my first class from one of my favorite sugar artist! icon_lol.gificon_biggrin.gificon_lol.gif

dabear Posted 13 Aug 2008 , 2:02am
post #85 of 87

Am I the only one who has booked a room????

kylakae Posted 13 Aug 2008 , 1:22pm
post #86 of 87

Good question. I haven't heard anything out of anyone else and I emailed everyone.

Bettycrockermommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bettycrockermommy Posted 13 Aug 2008 , 3:21pm
post #87 of 87

I am still trying to figure out some things for the trip. The hotel looks great, but I am gonna have to wait a bit to make reservations. Thanks for doing the legwork for us, Kyla.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%