I Am So Heartbroken...

Decorating By lanibird Updated 27 Jul 2008 , 7:10pm by nannie

lanibird Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lanibird Posted 26 Jul 2008 , 8:59pm
post #1 of 9

I noticed today that my RI Carriage http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1165142 , probably my proudest moment in cake decorating, just disintegrated! icon_cry.gif

I had it on top of our entertainment center, admittedly not in a case or anything icon_redface.gif and noticed it was broken. I went to get a closer look, thinking my sister's cat might have gotten to it, but when I went to pick up one of the broken pieces, it just disintegrated in my fingers! It's monsoon season here, so I guess all the humidity finally got too it. icon_cry.gif

I'm so sad, I'm going back to the "Cakes not even on the fake stolen cake website" closet to drown my sorrows in the full bar that seems to have materialized there.

8 replies
SugaredUp Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugaredUp Posted 26 Jul 2008 , 9:16pm
post #2 of 9

Aww.......... what a bummer! Thankfully, you got a great pic of it at least! icon_sad.gif

mrswatkins Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mrswatkins Posted 26 Jul 2008 , 9:19pm
post #3 of 9

your carriage was absolutely beautiful im sorry it is disentigrating, humidity sucks!!!!!!

pinklesley1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pinklesley1 Posted 26 Jul 2008 , 9:41pm
post #4 of 9

"Cakes not even on the fake stolen cake website"
What's That? I think that your carriage is GORGEOUS... im sorry it had a run in with mr humidity...

one of my model cakes, while i was moving, lost its palm tree topper and i just noticed that another one has a dent... sucks....

but im sowie bc ur carriage was gorgeous!!!

Momkiksbutt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Momkiksbutt Posted 26 Jul 2008 , 9:43pm
post #5 of 9

Don't you wish someone would invent a humidity free sugar art potion????

At least you got a pic of it before it "melted"...:/

lanibird Posted 26 Jul 2008 , 10:56pm
post #6 of 9

Thanks guys. I was just shocked at how it went. I guess I should be happy it lasted nearly 8 months with kids and a cat in the house! icon_smile.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinklesley1

"Cakes not even on the fake stolen cake website"
What's That?

Check out this thread http://forum.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-596540.html , and, for your and your computer's safety, please make sure to avoid the consumption of any beverages during reading. thumbs_up.gif

Cakepro Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakepro Posted 27 Jul 2008 , 6:02pm
post #7 of 9

Lanibird, I feel so badly for your loss that I have immortalized your beautiful carriage on my Stolen Cake Photos website.

Take a peek! I hope it brings a little smile to your face in this time of sadness.

Sherri icon_biggrin.gif

lanibird Posted 27 Jul 2008 , 6:43pm
post #8 of 9

I did see it, thank you! I squealed a bit when I saw it there, and DH thought I had gone mad or something! icon_lol.gif

But as you see in the comment, I know the truth now. icon_razz.gif

nannie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nannie Posted 27 Jul 2008 , 7:10pm
post #9 of 9

OMG I just saw the carrige you are talking about. it is amazing. no wonder you're morning it's loss.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%