Beijing Olympics

Decorating By Cakegirl20 Updated 31 Jul 2008 , 7:35pm by varika

Cakegirl20 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakegirl20 Posted 26 Jul 2008 , 8:58pm
post #1 of 8

Hello everyone! My family always watches the Olympics and I was thinking I would make a special treat for us all to eat during the opening ceremonies. The Olympics are in Beijing, China. I was wondering if any of you had any ideas of what I could do? I thought of maybe decorating cookies or cake/cupcakes but couldn't come up with a design I liked. I wanted something to represent China and the Olympics at the same time if possible (but no evil looking Chinese dragons please). I can do transfers but I can't do fondant yet. If you guys could help me it would greatly be appreciated.

Thanks!
Cakegirl20

7 replies
3GCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
3GCakes Posted 26 Jul 2008 , 9:21pm
post #2 of 8

Maybe make some RI or Gumpaste "medals"...paint them silver and bronze, and attach Ribbon or even gumpaste/fondant ribbon on them. You could make them cake or cupcake sized. Or make "chocolate" medals, with ribbons.

You could also make some standing rings (the five olympic rings) with gumpaste or RI and paint them the appropriate colors, then stand them on cupcakes.

Maybe find some Chinese symbols for "team" or something, and try your hand at Chinese characters!

I prefer cupcakes, since people can take them home and you could do a few different things with them.

I love the Olympics! I can't wait to start watching!

varika Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
varika Posted 26 Jul 2008 , 9:22pm
post #3 of 8

You could to a piped-on/transfer pagoda with five roofs, each in the colors of the Olympic Rings, maybe?

Cakegirl20 Posted 31 Jul 2008 , 1:30pm
post #4 of 8

Thank you for those great ideas! I will try them!

Cakegirl20

varika Posted 31 Jul 2008 , 5:21pm
post #5 of 8

Cakegirl, here's a few Chinese phrases if you want to try them. They're nice and big so it's easier to see them--though they're usually more...brush-stroke-like! icon_redface.gif
LL

3GCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
3GCakes Posted 31 Jul 2008 , 5:41pm
post #6 of 8

Awesome, Varicka!

Cakegirl20 Posted 31 Jul 2008 , 6:41pm
post #7 of 8

Oh! Thank you soooo much for the Chinese characters! icon_biggrin.gif I really appreciate it!

Cakegirl20

varika Posted 31 Jul 2008 , 7:35pm
post #8 of 8

No problem. I actually get them from dictionary.com--I have my browser all set up to show foreign-language characters because I hate the stupid little boxes. icon_mad.gif I just copied and pasted them into Photoshop to make them bigger for you!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%