Help! 10Yr Old Needs Farm Cake Ideas!

Decorating By CupcakePrincess986 Updated 27 Jul 2008 , 6:14pm by Dixiegal01

CupcakePrincess986 Posted 26 Jul 2008 , 7:47pm
post #1 of 5

I'm baking a cake 4 my grandpa (his birthday is tomorrow July 27) he loves farms so that's going to be the theme of his cake. But the problem is I don't know how I'm going to decorate his (2-tier) cake. Any ideas? And I want to use fondant. But it can't be to fancy because that means it's going to be hard! (I'm a 10 yr. old baker still in training) icon_cry.gificon_sad.gif

4 replies
LeckieAnne Posted 26 Jul 2008 , 10:41pm
post #2 of 5

You could use colored fondant to make farm animals or a tractor - but you won't have much time for them to dry. I put them overnite in the oven with the light on - no heat - helps them dry faster.

Did you search the galleries on here for "farm" - there's some cute green ones with white picket fences like this one:
or this one:

Good luck! icon_smile.gif

CupcakePrincess986 Posted 26 Jul 2008 , 10:53pm
post #3 of 5

thanks for your info.

Joyful1216 Posted 27 Jul 2008 , 5:55pm
post #4 of 5

I'm not sure how this might work with tiers, what about using the vegetable idea from this cake, probably focusing on one or two veggies (like rows of cabbages) to get more of a field feel instead of a garden feel:
I'd think the time and drying wouldn't be so much of a concern since they're smaller and don't need to really stand. Good luck!

Dixiegal01 Posted 27 Jul 2008 , 6:14pm
post #5 of 5

If you want to make some of the fondant animals, look in the templates section of the galleries, there are some great instructions on how to do several cute animals, makes it look pretty easy too.
Good luck with your cake, I bet your grandpa will be so happy you have thought so much to do this for him.....what a sweetheart you are!

Quote by @%username% on %date%