Luau Cake With Alcohol In It?

Decorating By disneynutbsv Updated 26 Jul 2008 , 10:56pm by disneynutbsv

disneynutbsv Posted 26 Jul 2008 , 7:24pm
post #1 of 11

I'd like to make a cake for a Jack & Jill party. Its Luau themed and I was thinking of making a cake, but using Bailey's in the filling. Any suggestions for what kind of cake I should use or for the filling?

10 replies
Ruby2uesday Posted 26 Jul 2008 , 7:59pm
post #2 of 11

Can't help w/ the filling, just wondering what you mean by a Jack and Jill party??? lol tia

chutzpah Posted 26 Jul 2008 , 8:09pm
post #3 of 11

I would do a more tropical cake, if it has a luau theme. piña colada or lime daiquiri or something.

disneynutbsv Posted 26 Jul 2008 , 8:24pm
post #4 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruby2uesday

Can't help w/ the filling, just wondering what you mean by a Jack and Jill party??? lol tia

A jack & jill is like a bachelor/bachelorette party but both bride and groom are at the partyicon_smile.gif No separate party for them.

disneynutbsv Posted 26 Jul 2008 , 8:25pm
post #5 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by chutzpah

I would do a more tropical cake, if it has a luau theme. piña colada or lime daiquiri or something.

I just got a recipe from someone on here for a key lime filling, but would I use a yellow, white cake, or some special flavored cake? Coconut??

Ruby2uesday Posted 26 Jul 2008 , 9:57pm
post #6 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by disneynutbsv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruby2uesday

A jack & jill is like a bachelor/bachelorette party but both bride and groom are at the partyicon_smile.gif No separate party for them.

Oh ok!!! Thanks! icon_smile.gif

Jocmom Posted 26 Jul 2008 , 10:05pm
post #7 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by chutzpah

I like how you think. thumbs_up.gif

varika Posted 26 Jul 2008 , 10:11pm
post #8 of 11
Quote:
Quote:

I just got a recipe from someone on here for a key lime filling, but would I use a yellow, white cake, or some special flavored cake? Coconut??

Either a white cake or coconut cake could work. A yellow cake is a bit heavier a flavor than a white cake, in my experience. ...you could try little batches of each and see which works best. I personally would go with white and let the lime flavor shine, but then, I tend to have a simple palette. (Also, I can't stand coconut! icon_lol.gif )

joenshan Posted 26 Jul 2008 , 10:43pm
post #9 of 11

I just made the Bailey's Irish Cream cake that's on this site. It was delicious. In addition to the Bailey's, the recipe calls for vodka as well, so you can definitely taste the alcohol if that's what you're after. FYI, I made it with the butter pecan filling...yum

Rincewind Posted 26 Jul 2008 , 10:48pm
post #10 of 11

I'd like a white cake, torted (with each layer brushed with a coconut rum syrup)-- with the key lime filling.

disneynutbsv Posted 26 Jul 2008 , 10:56pm
post #11 of 11

Great everyone! Thanks for the ideas!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%