Satin Ice Fondant Bubbles

Decorating By EmilyGrace Updated 27 Jul 2008 , 2:40am by melysa

EmilyGrace Posted 26 Jul 2008 , 5:47pm
post #1 of 4

Hello! So I usually use MMF but decided to try Satin Ice. I loved it! So easy to work with! However after a little while I noticed a few air bubbles. I get these with MMF too but when I tried to pop the Satin Ice bubbles the fondant is already so dry that it created this ugly craked dent in the fondant! MMF never gets "dry" so I've never had this problem. Is there a better way to pop these Satin Ice bubbles or a better way to kneed the dough so I don't get them? I have to re-cover one of my cakes and I don't want more bubbles! Help!

3 replies
EmilyGrace Posted 26 Jul 2008 , 7:01pm
post #2 of 4

Anyone have any ideas?

gimmesuga Posted 27 Jul 2008 , 2:22am
post #3 of 4

hi, i use satin ice and its never too dry. but i use shortening on my hands and knead the satin ice really well. i also "grease" up the mat before rolling it out with shortening? you might already do this, just a suggestion

melysa Posted 27 Jul 2008 , 2:40am
post #4 of 4

while i roll out the s.i. if i see a bubble while its still thick, i prick it with a pin, rub on a little shortening and then continue to roll out. i notice that when i kneed it, if i go really fast and careless, i get a lot of unnecessary bubbles. go slower if you can, see if that helps.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%