What Kind Of Cell Phones Are 16 Yr Old Girls Using?

Lounge By pottedmeatchunks Updated 28 Jul 2008 , 8:01am by kimmypooh79

pottedmeatchunks Posted 26 Jul 2008 , 3:14pm
post #1 of 7

I was asked to make a blue cell phone cake for a girl turning 16. I have never met this girl and know nothing of her personality, but I was thinking something cute and girly with maybe a couple of those little cell phone charms on it. And maybe cell phone "bling" (those little sticky rhinestones). Any idea which cell phone I should maybe make? I have no idea what's popular.

6 replies
MeMo07 Posted 26 Jul 2008 , 4:04pm
post #2 of 7

Honestly, it's going to depend on the girl/her parents. My sister has a Razor flip phone, but my cousin has a Blackberry. I don't know anyone that has one that isn't a flip or a BlackBerry, so I personally wouldn't go with one of the older flat models with the buttons on front.

Good luck, it sounds cute!

Cakepro Posted 26 Jul 2008 , 4:14pm
post #3 of 7

My 16 year old daughter has a pink Palm Centro. That would be an easy cake to do (well, relatively easy, as there is no flip screen or slider thingie, etc).

My 15 year old son has a black Palm Centro, and I'm sure they come in other colors too, but pink would be the girliest. icon_smile.gif

HerBoudoir Posted 26 Jul 2008 , 5:58pm
post #4 of 7

From my experience, "high tech" is more important than "bling" to kids these days.

I work with quite a few girls in that age group, and they all have cell phones that are far more elaborate and expensive than I would consider buying icon_smile.gif

chassidyg Posted 26 Jul 2008 , 6:09pm
post #5 of 7

I'm 28, and I have a black & blue rumor, I just got rid of my treo, so I dont know if it's really an age, but most everyone I know wants a phone with e-mail & pics

pottedmeatchunks Posted 27 Jul 2008 , 8:37pm
post #6 of 7

thanks everyone for your input! i was surprised kids are using phones that expensive, so i'm glad i asked icon_eek.gif

kimmypooh79 Posted 28 Jul 2008 , 8:01am
post #7 of 7

My 13 year old SIL and her friends have the one that has the "keyboard" for easier texting. My hubby sees those at his high school, too.

Quote by @%username% on %date%