What Kind Of Cell Phones Are 16 Yr Old Girls Using?

Lounge By pottedmeatchunks Updated 28 Jul 2008 , 8:01am by kimmypooh79

pottedmeatchunks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pottedmeatchunks Posted 26 Jul 2008 , 3:14pm
post #1 of 7

I was asked to make a blue cell phone cake for a girl turning 16. I have never met this girl and know nothing of her personality, but I was thinking something cute and girly with maybe a couple of those little cell phone charms on it. And maybe cell phone "bling" (those little sticky rhinestones). Any idea which cell phone I should maybe make? I have no idea what's popular.

Thanks!

6 replies
MeMo07 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MeMo07 Posted 26 Jul 2008 , 4:04pm
post #2 of 7

Honestly, it's going to depend on the girl/her parents. My sister has a Razor flip phone, but my cousin has a Blackberry. I don't know anyone that has one that isn't a flip or a BlackBerry, so I personally wouldn't go with one of the older flat models with the buttons on front.

Good luck, it sounds cute!

Cakepro Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakepro Posted 26 Jul 2008 , 4:14pm
post #3 of 7

My 16 year old daughter has a pink Palm Centro. That would be an easy cake to do (well, relatively easy, as there is no flip screen or slider thingie, etc).

http://www.jr.com/sprint-pcs/pe/SPN_PALMCENTROP/

My 15 year old son has a black Palm Centro, and I'm sure they come in other colors too, but pink would be the girliest. icon_smile.gif

HerBoudoir Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HerBoudoir Posted 26 Jul 2008 , 5:58pm
post #4 of 7

From my experience, "high tech" is more important than "bling" to kids these days.

I work with quite a few girls in that age group, and they all have cell phones that are far more elaborate and expensive than I would consider buying icon_smile.gif

chassidyg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chassidyg Posted 26 Jul 2008 , 6:09pm
post #5 of 7

I'm 28, and I have a black & blue rumor, I just got rid of my treo, so I dont know if it's really an age, but most everyone I know wants a phone with e-mail & pics

pottedmeatchunks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pottedmeatchunks Posted 27 Jul 2008 , 8:37pm
post #6 of 7

thanks everyone for your input! i was surprised kids are using phones that expensive, so i'm glad i asked icon_eek.gif

kimmypooh79 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kimmypooh79 Posted 28 Jul 2008 , 8:01am
post #7 of 7

My 13 year old SIL and her friends have the one that has the "keyboard" for easier texting. My hubby sees those at his high school, too.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%