Sams But-R-Creme Icing Only For Icing?

Decorating By VS8894 Updated 27 Jul 2008 , 5:01am by nefcook21

VS8894 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
VS8894 Posted 26 Jul 2008 , 3:09pm
post #1 of 4

I was reading about the Sams But-R-Creme icing. Is this only used for icing the cake or can it also be used for the decorations, flowers, etc? Sorry if this is a stupid question!

3 replies
littlecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
littlecake Posted 26 Jul 2008 , 4:07pm
post #2 of 4

yeah you can use it for decorations...

i make my own home made icing...but last week i bought a couple of buckets to make cake dummies out of.

when i worked at in store bakeries, we always whipped up bucket icing before we used it...it's kinda stiff.

VS8894 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
VS8894 Posted 27 Jul 2008 , 2:46am
post #3 of 4

Thanks for the reply littlecake. I was at Sam's today and it looked like they did there decorations with the same stuff just tinted. I think I am going to try it for dummies also to get practice. I was worried it wouldn't work for lace work, etc. We'll see!

I wonder what it tastes like? Does it taste similar to the Wilton's buttercream? anyone?

nefcook21 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nefcook21 Posted 27 Jul 2008 , 5:01am
post #4 of 4

I use sam's icing all the time and get lots of compliments on it. To me it's not too sweet just sweet enough and it's very easy to work with. It takes color nicely too except I do have to say that I used chefmaster ivory in it this weekend and it turned grainy but i also made soem homemade and used that same color and it turned grainy too. So I guess maybe it's the color.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%