Bags And Sealers

Baking By chriscrites Updated 30 Jul 2008 , 10:21pm by tljkids

chriscrites Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chriscrites Posted 26 Jul 2008 , 2:04pm
post #1 of 8

What sealer do you prefer and what type of bag do you use with it?

7 replies
deetmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
deetmar Posted 26 Jul 2008 , 11:46pm
post #2 of 8

Someone here was kind enough to point me in the direction of an impulse sealer that they sell on ebay. I got the 4" and I love it. So far it has worked the bags that I get from Michael's or Hobby Lobby.

kay52178 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kay52178 Posted 30 Jul 2008 , 4:59pm
post #3 of 8

I have a food saver machine and I use that with the regular bags from Michael's. I don't usually vaccuum them, just seal them.

kimblyd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kimblyd Posted 30 Jul 2008 , 5:30pm
post #4 of 8

Uh, possible stupid question alert.... icon_redface.gif

Are you talking about bags for cookies or cakes?

In SugarShack's DVD she lets her cakes "rest" in bags that she said she vacuum seals to get most of the air out. Since the bags she uses are so large I have wondered if a regular food saver system would work for that.

Does anyone know?

TIA

Kim

JenWhitlock Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JenWhitlock Posted 30 Jul 2008 , 6:21pm
post #5 of 8

I use bags from Micheals or my local cake store.
and TracyLH pointed me to the "EuroSealer" and Bed Bath & Beyond.
it works pretty well - I'm still getting the hang of it, but I loved the price, $8 icon_lol.gif

arosstx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
arosstx Posted 30 Jul 2008 , 6:47pm
post #6 of 8

Hey for those of us (me) that is not quite sure what you're talking about - but have both bags and a sealer - would you please explain?? Thanks!

JenWhitlock Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JenWhitlock Posted 30 Jul 2008 , 6:55pm
post #7 of 8

I don't want to speak for the OP, but I assumed that since she posted in the cookie forum, she was refering to cellophane bags for cookies.

myself, I just had an ah-ha! moment on another thread when people mentioned that they heat sealed their cello-cookie bags.

most of the plastic bags out there can be heat sealed with some tool, I believe the question is what's the best tool?

hope that helps

tljkids Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tljkids Posted 30 Jul 2008 , 10:21pm
post #8 of 8

Deetmar-- do you have any problem with your impluse sealer burning through the teflon strip? I have replaced the strip once but I have already burned through another one. I love the impulse sealer with cellophane bags I bought from Uline but I wish I could use it without it giving off a burning odor for just a little bit.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%