What Is The Cost For A Castle Cake

Business By lovecakes747 Updated 24 Aug 2008 , 9:36pm by Jasmine33

lovecakes747 Posted 26 Jul 2008 , 12:23pm
post #1 of 11

I just wanted to know what the cost to Decorate a castle cake using buttercream icing. Just for decorating the cake using wilton Castle Kit. WOuld like an idea of what that can cost.

10 replies
Molly2 Posted 26 Jul 2008 , 1:56pm
post #2 of 11

I really don't know how much detail your putting into it I would Start out with $40.00 and go from their a lot of people would say so much per-serving but are you going to make figures also the cost of boxing it up are you going to charge what it sits on and are you delivering it to the party add everything you spent on it and how much time you put in to it and go from their that's what I would do

Good Luck
Molly2

FromScratch Posted 26 Jul 2008 , 2:46pm
post #3 of 11

Which castle kit? They have a couple.. the plain one (I believe it's called the romantic castle kit) and the one with the princesses. icon_smile.gif

lovecakes747 Posted 1 Aug 2008 , 6:38pm
post #4 of 11

Hi All,

Thanks for your response. Its the Wilton Romantic Castle Kit. Cake can serve 32 people.

mouse13 Posted 1 Aug 2008 , 8:43pm
post #5 of 11

I would say around 45.00 and then if you put alot of detail raise the price. It depends on how much you feel your time is worth.

Lady_Phoenix Posted 1 Aug 2008 , 8:59pm
post #6 of 11

A cake that feeds 32 should be at least $3.00 per serving. more if fondant covered. You decide how much you think the figures are worth that you made, and charge that on top of the base price. Some places charge as much as $6.00 for a single rose.

MamaCass25 Posted 1 Aug 2008 , 9:24pm
post #7 of 11

I just did a cake with the castle set that you are talking about, the cake that we made was a 10in bottom tier and and a 6in top tier, served approx. 50. If I sell one like I did for her with all the individual flowers and princesses and stuff, it'll probably be for about $100. Mostly becuase of the time that you have to put into it.

Jasmine33 Posted 2 Aug 2008 , 1:52am
post #8 of 11

MamaCass25

Can you re upload your pic? Its on its side.

MamaCass25 Posted 4 Aug 2008 , 8:53pm
post #9 of 11

Sorry about that, photo has been reposted. icon_biggrin.gif

frankandcathy Posted 24 Aug 2008 , 4:24pm
post #10 of 11

I wouldn't do this cake for less than $60 and probably would charge more depending upon if you're wrapping in fondant, doing drop flowers, swags, bricks, colored sugar, etc.

Here's how you have to think about these things:

Can this person get this cake ANYWHERE else? Can they walk into the grocery store and order one? (No.) If they can, how will it TASTE? (Gross) Will it be moist and yummy with homemade icing or will it have a dry texture with nasty whipped icing?

Will the grocery store take time to write the child's name beautifully? Will they take the time to do it right? (Of course not.)

People are paying for your time and expertise but also for a higher quality product.

If I could go back and re-start a cake business, I would be in the "Boutique" end with a $75 minimum charge on all decorated cakes. Those who find it worth it will find you and your cakes will become a "status symbol" for parties and keep you from slaving in the kitchen for hours breaking your back for a few bucks.

That's just my hindsight answer.

Jasmine33 Posted 24 Aug 2008 , 9:36pm
post #11 of 11

The castle cake is very cute!

Frankandcathy. Why aren't you selling cakes any more? They are beautiful!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%