Use Real Baby Bottle For Chocolate Mold?

Sugar Work By jen1977 Updated 15 Mar 2010 , 2:40pm by eatdessert1st

jen1977 Posted 26 Jul 2008 , 3:35am
post #1 of 7

I need a 3D chocolate baby bottle, and every site that his them charges more for shipping than for the mold. Is it possible to cut a plastic baby bottle in half and use it as a mold?

6 replies
JoAnnB Posted 28 Jul 2008 , 6:16am
post #2 of 7

You can mold tempered chocolate in almost anything. the chocolate will shrink as it cools, and pull away from the mold.

Bridy Posted 28 Jul 2008 , 7:36pm
post #3 of 7

if that doesn't work, try Ebay. I always find great deals on there for molds.
Let us know if it works!

Jocmom Posted 9 Aug 2008 , 4:09am
post #4 of 7

There are chocolate molds that are shaped like baby bottles. (see my picture below) The mold was less than $2.

kickasscakes Posted 10 Mar 2010 , 4:17am
post #5 of 7

I need help doing this mold. Has anyone done it, and able to offer tips. I am completely new at 3d molds. Thanks.

Cricketina Posted 12 Mar 2010 , 9:53pm
post #6 of 7

If it is only $2 for the mold like the other lady says I would invest even if it takes $3 to ship !!! To make a full size baby bottle mold your self is big work and the mold making supplies will come to more than $5 and you will also still need to buy a bottle if you dont have one!

Hope this helps
Great luck

eatdessert1st Posted 15 Mar 2010 , 2:40pm
post #7 of 7
I've ordered from these folks several times and found the shipping to be very reasonable. They have lots of baby, rattles, rubber ducks, safety pins, etc. Also have ordered from sugarcraft w/o another problems.
Melanie Mc.

edited to add photo using choc. molds

Quote by @%username% on %date%