Pro 600......grrrrr

Decorating By Joanie4464 Updated 17 Aug 2008 , 2:59pm by raquel1

Kim_in_CajunCountry Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kim_in_CajunCountry Posted 17 Aug 2008 , 6:39am
post #31 of 32

I went with the KA Pro600 because it has a 6 qt. capacity and a 575 watt motor. I wanted to be able to make a double batch of cookie dough without any problem with capacity or power. I am very pleased with the performance. I also like the attachment hub. We received the ice cream maker attachment after submitting the proof of purchase. My husband is a wonderful cook and we plan on purchasing additional attachments.

I haven't used a comparable mixer by Hamilton Beach or Cuisinart, so I cannot provide any comparative comments.

However, if you do decide to purchase a KA, you might be interested to know that the prices will vary by color. I shopped around and found Amazon.com had the best prices and free shipping. I went with the Licorice because it was the least expensive and someone on the forum had mentioned that it's easy to see any flour or powdered sugar you might miss while cleaning. I paid $347, plus I received the free ice cream maker attachment. I wanted the red model but it was close to $400. (I just checked and the prices have come down a bit since then. Mine is now $339.)

Also, if you want an extra bowl, it will set you back about $50, if purchased new. I ordered a "refurbished" bowl and a white, coated beater from Goodman's (through Amazon.com). I paid $24.99 for the bowl and $12.99 for the beater. S & H was $8.75. I was quite pleased when I received my order. The bowl was slightly used, probably one that was returned with a slightly used mixer.

I hope this helps anyone who is considering the purchase of a KA Pro600 mixer.

And, raquel1, NO, there isn't such a thing as too big! icon_biggrin.gif

raquel1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
raquel1 Posted 17 Aug 2008 , 2:59pm
post #32 of 32

Hi Kim_in_CajunCountry: that is what I gathered from my post also, there is no such thing as too big icon_lol.gif Almost everybody ageed that the 6qt is the way to go, but I'm glad I saw this post so if there are any problems with it I can nip them in the bud... Thanks for posting the outcome, I also would like to get the ice cream maker attachment and at the store it is @ 100.00 so I'll be checking Amazon for comparison pricing.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%