Anyone Here Play Rummy? Need Fondant Card Help!

Decorating By luvscakes Updated 30 Jul 2008 , 7:34pm by xstitcher

luvscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luvscakes Posted 26 Jul 2008 , 2:26am
post #1 of 6

Hi,
I have a rummy cake I'm working on. The problem? I don't play rummy (or really cards either) SO..... I was wondering if anybody could give me a layout of what 2 hands of cards would look like? ( I want it to look like 2 people are playing and one is winning).
Can anyone help?

5 replies
gateaux Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gateaux Posted 26 Jul 2008 , 3:48am
post #2 of 6

I think this web site has the easiest explanation.

I hope it helps. I dont play plain rummy. I play with 2 decks.

Good Luck.

Shola Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Shola Posted 26 Jul 2008 , 5:12am
post #3 of 6

A winning hand in Rummy is with 7 cards, either 4 of a kind and 3 of a kind,3 5's 3 6's etc.. or a run of the same suit (123,234 etc..) same for the 4 cards, or you can have a flush which is the whole 7 cards in a run, but always 7 cards, in the middle of play you can expect someone to have a couple of the same cards trying to make up thier set and the rest could be random. Hope I explained that clearly! icon_biggrin.gif

xstitcher Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
xstitcher Posted 26 Jul 2008 , 5:14am
post #4 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by luvscakes

Hi,
I have a rummy cake I'm working on. The problem? I don't play rummy (or really cards either) SO..... I was wondering if anybody could give me a layout of what 2 hands of cards would look like? ( I want it to look like 2 people are playing and one is winning).
Can anyone help?

Hi I used to play (a really long time ago, before the kids....) but I do remember most of the rules. The object of the game is to get the highest points (which is a number that is predetermined ie whoever gets 500 points first). The object of the game is to get rid of all the cards in your hands. You do this by using the cards in your hands to make a run or a set (using at a minimum of 3 cards). A run would be like 8, 9 and 10 of spades and a set would be like having 3 fives. All cards are worth there face value except face cards are worth 10 points each. There are other ways to win to ie discarding cards etc. but that would be a little more than I can explain here on CC (I do better with talking then writing icon_lol.gif )

Now depending on if you are going to show 2 players holding cards in their hands or whether you would have cards layed out on a table would be the deciding factor on what you should use for a winning versus a losing hand.

If you need help deciding which way to go please feel free to PM me!

Here's a link to a website that could explain the rules better for you and with a lot more detail.

http://www.pagat.com/rummy/rummy.html

HTH!!!

luvscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luvscakes Posted 30 Jul 2008 , 1:00pm
post #5 of 6

Thanks so much!
Very helpful info- I made all the cards yesterday after carefully deciding what hands to makeicon_smile.gif
I'll be posting a pic when I'm done.
Thanks again!

xstitcher Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
xstitcher Posted 30 Jul 2008 , 7:34pm
post #6 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by luvscakes

Thanks so much!
Very helpful info- I made all the cards yesterday after carefully deciding what hands to makeicon_smile.gif
I'll be posting a pic when I'm done.
Thanks again!

Looking forward to seeing it!!! icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%