Quick Cake Opinion Needed!!! Help!!!

Decorating By lbain Updated 26 Jul 2008 , 3:24pm by maximaa

lbain Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lbain Posted 26 Jul 2008 , 1:12am
post #1 of 8

I just made this cake in two hours on short notice for my boyfriends mom! I had such a cute idea and it turned out NOTHING like the actual cake...i tried doing CT's for the first time....

I HATE THIS CAKE

Should i give it to her or try again???

Be honest please!
LL
LL

7 replies
lbain Posted 26 Jul 2008 , 1:32am
post #2 of 8

i really need everyones opinion!! should I throw some fondant over it and maybe luster dust and just write happy birthday>??

valerie01 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
valerie01 Posted 26 Jul 2008 , 2:04am
post #3 of 8

Looks yummy to me!

soygurl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
soygurl Posted 26 Jul 2008 , 3:04am
post #4 of 8

I say give it to her... it looks yummy, and isn't boring. Sure it may not show off all of your talents, but with short notice, AND it's for your BF's mom, what is she gonna expect?!? A three tiered fondant cover masterpiece? icon_lol.gificon_rolleyes.gif

lbain Posted 26 Jul 2008 , 6:44am
post #5 of 8

okay so i went ahead and changed it and she loved it lol plus they thought it was delicious haha so i just threw on some fondant, gros grain ribbon, and there is a couple ribbon roses under the bow and a quick paint of luster dust...

sorry i was so hostile earlier...i was stressin. haha

THANKS!
LL

milissasmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
milissasmom Posted 26 Jul 2008 , 7:00am
post #6 of 8

Awe...I liked it the way it was! But if she was happy, that is what matters...good job thumbs_up.gif

dandelion56602 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dandelion56602 Posted 26 Jul 2008 , 7:02am
post #7 of 8

Your scroll work on the original is really good. Think I would have laid the chocolate transfers flat , not had them at all or made them bigger to "stick out". You could have done HB larger too so it could have been seen. One you gave turned out cute too.

maximaa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maximaa Posted 26 Jul 2008 , 3:24pm
post #8 of 8

I Prefer the first one or you can decorate the last one with bits of fondant cuts, like daisys with leaves... the set fast, or change the bow color maybe, I'd improve the gift box one.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%