Cake Prices For 2010??

Decorating By bdrider Updated 26 Jul 2008 , 2:27pm by indydebi

bdrider Posted 26 Jul 2008 , 1:07am
post #1 of 8

I had a request today from a customer wanting a grooms cake for her wedding in 2010. Both her and her fiance are in the army and she says they will probably be deployed most of next year which is why she wants to do all this now.

Is anyone else pricing cakes for this far in advance? Are you increasing your prices by 10%? 20%? I'm at a loss as to what to do here... I'm positive my costs will go up within the next 2 years but who is to say how much?

Just wanted some feedback before I reply to her...

Thanks!

7 replies
indydebi Posted 26 Jul 2008 , 2:41am
post #2 of 8

I am getting inquiries for 2010 and to tell you the truth, I'm ignoring them. Any pricing I send them will be useless by then and I've no idea where pricing on eggs/butter/flour will be 18 months from now.

If I get someone who is adament about it, I'm going to tell them that I will accept a deposit to put them on the calendar, but I cannot lock in pricing for 18 months. The deposit holds their place on my calendar, but I will not be able to give them pricing until closer to the date.

With the way food prices are going right now, I just can't do it.

lovecakes747 Posted 26 Jul 2008 , 12:27pm
post #3 of 8

Can you tell me what is the cost for just Decorating an Enchanted Castle Cake using the other person's supplies? I just wanted an idea how that will cost. Used butter cream icing.

indydebi Posted 26 Jul 2008 , 1:53pm
post #4 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecakes747

Can you tell me what is the cost for just Decorating an Enchanted Castle Cake using the other person's supplies? I just wanted an idea how that will cost. Used butter cream icing.

I'm confused ... was this posted in the wrong thread? icon_confused.gif

lovecakes747 Posted 26 Jul 2008 , 1:57pm
post #5 of 8

no

indydebi Posted 26 Jul 2008 , 2:09pm
post #6 of 8

Do you have someone who wants a castle cake order for 2010? icon_confused.gif

lovecakes747 Posted 26 Jul 2008 , 2:19pm
post #7 of 8

no...sorry u r confuse..I am just looking for prices a castle cake would cost.

indydebi Posted 26 Jul 2008 , 2:27pm
post #8 of 8

Oh!!!! You might start a new thread with this question.... I'm sure there are folks who have made a castle cake who can help you out! thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%