Shipping Disaster!!!

Decorating By deliciously_decadent Updated 26 Jul 2008 , 4:31am by KoryAK

deliciously_decadent Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
deliciously_decadent Posted 26 Jul 2008 , 12:09am
post #1 of 3

I am sitting here in tears as I write this but think i need to get it all out before i vomit! i have just had the worst two days of my life my last shipped cake got lost and is now turned up but is ruined and as such i never want to ship another cake again! the delivery got lost and ended up 45 mins away from the actual delivery address, then the wedding cordinator opened it this morning (as by the time the cake got there she was gone yesterday) it was completely ruined, sqashed ripped and dented icing decorations smashed completely unfixable!!! I am very close to hidding under my bed and never looking at another cake ever again!! I am fully refunding the entire cost even the shipping so i am at a major loss but that is not my concern what am i goingt o say to the bride when she rings???? how can i explain that i have ruined her day!!! I have pics on my phone but they wont load to my computer, you wouldn't want to see them anyway, i can't even look at them.

2 replies
kimmypooh79 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kimmypooh79 Posted 26 Jul 2008 , 4:16am
post #2 of 3

How is it your fault that they lost and damaged your cakes in shipping? Delivery ppl and postal ppl don't care about our packages so don't beat yourself up about it. You can't guarantee that the cake will make it in one piece or at all. Can you or did you buy insurance for the cake?
I suppose I would tell the bride that I was very sorry about what happened, that's the chance you take when you have a cake shipped.

KoryAK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KoryAK Posted 26 Jul 2008 , 4:31am
post #3 of 3

I ship things around my state from time to time and make absolutely sure the recipient knows that my responsibility ends at the shipping company's doors.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%