Gold Paint Help For Jw Cake

Decorating By jenlg Updated 26 Jul 2008 , 1:46am by valerie01

jenlg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jenlg Posted 25 Jul 2008 , 11:14pm
post #1 of 3

Ok, here's my headache for the day. I was asked to make a cake to look like a JW book they use often. They book is red with gold lettering. I have no idea how to write it on. I thought a stencil but I'd end up smearing the previous letters. Then I though just paint (write) it on, but wouldn't that be runny? If I write it in icing could I paint over that? I'd worry about the icing "flattening" under the gold. All I have is the Wilton gold luster dust...the kind in the skinny cyliner tube. Would this work or should I get something different? I'm also lost on the mixture to get the actual "gold paint". Can anyone out there in CC Land help me? Pretty please......

2 replies
jenlg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jenlg Posted 26 Jul 2008 , 1:39am
post #2 of 3

Anyone? Someone has got to know how to do the gold paint look that could offer advice.

valerie01 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
valerie01 Posted 26 Jul 2008 , 1:46am
post #3 of 3

I've used vodka and gold luster dust (not Wilton) to paint on cakes. If you let your icing crust and use a gentle touch, I don't think it would make your letters flatten.

I also have seen Americolor gold food color. The next time I need something gold, I will try it. HTH.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%