Cake Boss...worth The $$$?

Decorating By jbrian24 Updated 29 Jul 2008 , 2:53pm by tlreetz

jbrian24 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jbrian24 Posted 25 Jul 2008 , 10:22pm
post #1 of 14

Hello everyone,

I have a simple question. Do any of you use Cake Boss and if you do is it worth the money to purchase it? Also are there any other similar programs out there that I dont know about. Any information you could give me would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Brian

13 replies
sttgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sttgirl Posted 25 Jul 2008 , 10:37pm
post #2 of 14

I am new to cake decorating, charging, forums, etc and I find the programs to be helpful. Once you input the data-recipes, prices etc it really helps to reduce some of the guesswork for pricing. The invoice also looks really nice. My "customers" are impressed. icon_biggrin.gif

psurrette Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
psurrette Posted 25 Jul 2008 , 10:39pm
post #3 of 14

Hi brian,

I have cake boss and have been using it for a year now. It has been the best purchase for me! It keeps track of your customers, gives you a calender of when you have cakes, prices cakes for you keeps recipes handyand thier customer service is wonderful. I couldnt ask for a better tool! It is well worth the money it cost and being a member here you get 10% off. I absolutly love the program.
Don't hesitate to purchase you will love it!
Paula

Cake_Bliss Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cake_Bliss Posted 25 Jul 2008 , 10:41pm
post #4 of 14

Hello, I purchased the cake boss and just couldnot get it to work on my computer, I have Vista, I called and they were very nice to try to get it taken care of but I decided to not keep it. I also got a matrix off of the forums and it works wonderful. icon_biggrin.gif Hope this helps.

fluttercakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fluttercakes Posted 26 Jul 2008 , 1:06am
post #5 of 14

I have it, and I absolutely love it! I've had it for about a year as well, and I don't know what I would do without it! Definitely worth the money icon_biggrin.gif

CambriasCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CambriasCakes Posted 26 Jul 2008 , 1:28am
post #6 of 14

I did the free trial thing a while back ago and really loved it....I just didn't have the money to buy it at the time. Still don't actually, but I know that someday I will buy it - it's really worth it!

QueenBee1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
QueenBee1 Posted 26 Jul 2008 , 2:13am
post #7 of 14

Ditto to everything that Paula said (and not just because my name is Paula too). Not only is this a great program for all the reasons stated above, but the price and the customer service are great. The program is regularly updated, and anytime I've needed anything or had any questions, the program creators responded very quickly.

jbrian24 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jbrian24 Posted 28 Jul 2008 , 10:57pm
post #8 of 14

Thank all of you for your responses

1234me Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
1234me Posted 28 Jul 2008 , 11:26pm
post #9 of 14

I am sure ckae boss is great. I started out using Quicken before I knew about cake boss so that is what I continue to use.

MichelleM77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MichelleM77 Posted 29 Jul 2008 , 1:42am
post #10 of 14

Yeppers, worth it.

jamhays Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jamhays Posted 29 Jul 2008 , 1:52am
post #11 of 14

So it doesn't work w/Windows Vista?

kelleym Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kelleym Posted 29 Jul 2008 , 1:55am
post #12 of 14

Yes, it does work with Vista. Installation problems are rare, and when they occur we can usually resolve the problem if that is what the customer desires.

I just got a Vista laptop last week and installed CakeBoss on it in less than 10 minutes. thumbs_up.gif

Mac Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mac Posted 29 Jul 2008 , 12:23pm
post #13 of 14

Love it!!!

tlreetz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tlreetz Posted 29 Jul 2008 , 2:53pm
post #14 of 14

Cake Boss Rocks!!! It is MORE than worth it!!! I wouldn't trade it for anything!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%