First Paid Cake?????

Decorating By SweetPea0613 Updated 25 Jul 2008 , 10:19pm by Karema

SweetPea0613 Posted 25 Jul 2008 , 8:48pm
post #1 of 2

so my coworker just called me to say that he wants me to make his lil boy's b-day cake for september. icon_eek.gif

But I'm just starting and I'm scared!! lol

He wants either a transformers cake, a cute robot type cake or a ninja turtle cake and he wants it to serve around 75 people.....can I really pull this off??

How much cake will feed that many people?? How much do I charge??? I know i can do it because I still have a month to practice but I'm nervous...

I told him yes and I've been browsing the galleries for ideas but I just don't which one to do...

1 reply
Karema Posted 25 Jul 2008 , 10:19pm
post #2 of 2

Take a deep breath, its going to be ok. You will get it done. First pick a design. Whether you want a sheet cake or a carved cake or a tier cake. Then pick your pan sizes and how much ingrediants you will need to make that size. Then add up all your cost for the supplys. Dont forget cake boards, boxes, gas and electricity to bake. Add everything possible then add on how much you want to pay yourself per hour. I pay myself 10 per hour. Then decide how long it will take to bake and decorate and multiply that by 10. Then divide that by how many servings your pan will make. That will give you a base price for per serving. Mine is $3 then I add an extra 1.00 if it is fondant. Then If I have to make figures or anything else I charge $10 per figure. Then I add on a deliverary charge. Dont forget to charge what the cake will serve not how many servings he will need. So if your pans end up giving you 80 servings charge for 80. I hope that helps.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%