I Know Its A Little Early But....

Decorating By cassi_g16 Updated 29 Jul 2008 , 7:19pm by cassi_g16

cassi_g16 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cassi_g16 Posted 25 Jul 2008 , 7:12pm
post #1 of 18

I am looking for a little help. I am making a pumpkin cake for a set of cousins, boy and a girl both turning 2, in October. The parents are doing their joint party at the pumpkin patch and want a pumpkin cake. I have looked through the galleries and everything looks like halloween. Any one have any cute childrens looking pumpkin cake pics? I want to give the mothers a few to choose from.

17 replies
bisbqueenb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bisbqueenb Posted 25 Jul 2008 , 9:54pm
post #2 of 18

If your looking for a graphic to use on the cake, try Google images http://images.google.com
put in pumpkin and you should get some cute ones.
here is one: http://www.gardenandhearth.com/ZZ-GHIMAGES/Homeschool-Activites/cute_pumpkin-300.jpg

It could also serve as idea for a 3-d version.

auntsteff Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
auntsteff Posted 26 Jul 2008 , 6:19am
post #3 of 18

This one is really cute! Maybe if you did 2 teddy bears instead of a teddy bear & a frog?

http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=75051

Bakingangel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bakingangel Posted 26 Jul 2008 , 6:37am
post #4 of 18

I noticed a pumpkin princess carriage and then another pumpkin cake in the 2009 Wilton Yearbook you might get ideas from.

EnjoyTheCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
EnjoyTheCake Posted 26 Jul 2008 , 6:43am
post #5 of 18

Look also for Fall cakes instead of Pumpkin cakes. You might get some great ideas that way. I found the following 3 with a google search for Fall Pumpkin Cake

Good luck, I can't wait to see what you decide to do.

EnjoyTheCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
EnjoyTheCake Posted 26 Jul 2008 , 6:45am
post #6 of 18

Look also for Fall cakes instead of Pumpkin cakes. You might get some great ideas that way. I found the following 3 with a google search for Fall Pumpkin Cake

Good luck, I can't wait to see what you decide to do.

Bev55 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bev55 Posted 26 Jul 2008 , 7:08am
post #7 of 18

Here is a cake that I made for Thanksgiving. You could always make it fancier, but it can give you a basic outline for a cake. The stem was an upside down ice cream cone, and I used to bundt cakes put together to make the pumpkin shape. I hope this helps.
LL

andromedaslove Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
andromedaslove Posted 26 Jul 2008 , 4:58pm
post #8 of 18

Here's one that I was planning on doing for Halloween. If you need the instructions let me know and I'll PM them to you!!

misha35 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
misha35 Posted 26 Jul 2008 , 5:24pm
post #9 of 18

I love the 2 mice cake !!!!

StephW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
StephW Posted 26 Jul 2008 , 5:31pm
post #10 of 18

I made this pumpkin patch cake for a party a couple of years ago. It's a fall theme. You could always personalize and add things that the kids like to it.

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=75010

peg91170 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peg91170 Posted 28 Jul 2008 , 12:31am
post #11 of 18

Try using 2 bundt cakes staked on top of each other to give it the pumpkin shape. Then use a cleaned out soup can for make the stem. Cover in orange fondant. I've done it in the past and used orange icing, brown icing for the stem and cut up Hershey bars for the face. Good luck!

cassi_g16 Posted 28 Jul 2008 , 8:48pm
post #12 of 18

I have made a pumpkin cake before with the two bundt pans. The pick is in my photos. I just don't want to give them a pumpkin! I want it to be a 3-d pumpkin just something a little more imaginative! the little boy is my nephew and his cousin from the other side is the little girl. I am also good friends with her mother. They are both turning two so I want something special.

I love the mice cake!! I can soooo see making that one and putting a little bow on one of them to make a girl!!

Kahuna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kahuna Posted 29 Jul 2008 , 11:43am
post #13 of 18

Hi, there is a pumpkin patch cake in my photos also with two mice that I did for my daughter and her friend's 3 rd birthday. Keep in mind it was my first stacked cake lol. I used a lot of ideas from gingerbread houses for the baskets etc.

Maria_Campos Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Maria_Campos Posted 29 Jul 2008 , 12:03pm
post #14 of 18

My vote is for the 2 mice cake, the mice can represent the children, this is too cute! Or think of a fairy tale, Peter Peter Pumkin Eater, or a fairy and an elf, use the pumkin as the base cake and incorpaorate some sort of fairy tale story characters to represent the children. They love that sort of stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by andromedaslove

Here's one that I was planning on doing for Halloween. If you need the instructions let me know and I'll PM them to you!!

KASCARLETT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KASCARLETT Posted 29 Jul 2008 , 1:31pm
post #15 of 18

Oh, that mice cake is just TOO CUTE!!! I think that would make an adorable birthday cake in a pumpkin patch! And I like your idea of putting a bow on one of the mice!

OH OH! And it would really be cute to have pumpkin vines "spelling" out the birthday boy and girl names with the little candy pumpkins coming off of the vines! Now that would be so cute!

cassi_g16 Posted 29 Jul 2008 , 7:16pm
post #16 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by KASCARLETT

Oh, that mice cake is just TOO CUTE!!! I think that would make an adorable birthday cake in a pumpkin patch! And I like your idea of putting a bow on one of the mice!

OH OH! And it would really be cute to have pumpkin vines "spelling" out the birthday boy and girl names with the little candy pumpkins coming off of the vines! Now that would be so cute!

OOOHHH I love that idea That could be so cute.... I may wind up not giving her the option!!! I AM GIVING her the cake so I can just do what I want too!! icon_lol.gificon_twisted.gificon_lol.gif

cassi_g16 Posted 29 Jul 2008 , 7:17pm
post #17 of 18

sorry duplicate post

cassi_g16 Posted 29 Jul 2008 , 7:19pm
post #18 of 18

sorry another duplicate

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%