Really Bad Experience With Cakedeco. Com, Be Careful

Decorating By wendy1273 Updated 25 Jul 2008 , 6:51pm by wendy1273

wendy1273 Posted 25 Jul 2008 , 5:17pm
post #1 of 14

I order 11x13 frosting sheets from cakedeco and they were damaged, two weeks later I called and asked them what should I do and they told me to send them back att. to Erika, I sent them back on 6/12 and they never called me back, when I called they told me that everyone was on vacation and that I had to wait, I called back and talked to Erika and she was not helpful at all, I asked to speak with a manager and I got a voicemail, I left a message and they never called me back.
I called today and spoke to Lou she was nasty and even had the nerve to tell me to stop talking when I tried to explain to her that I did what they told me to do. At this point I just wanted my money back and she said that she will credit my acct.

I was a very good costumer to them, I spent more than a thousand dollars on their website only this year.

Now I'm just waiting for my $57.00 and I still lost because I paid for shipping to get it to me and to send it back.

I'm just posting this because I want to make sure that you guys don't go through what I went through, there are many places out there to order from that have very good costumer service and this place doesn't.

God bless
Wendy

13 replies
foxymomma521 Posted 25 Jul 2008 , 5:22pm
post #2 of 14

I recently had a problem with them too... I had to call after a week and a half of waiting and they still only shipped half my order!
(OT) Does anyone know if home bakers can order from Lucks, or do you need a business??

wendy1273 Posted 25 Jul 2008 , 5:27pm
post #3 of 14

I never order from Lucks but I order a lot from Global sugar art and they are great, I had a problem with one of their orders and they fixed it for me in no time at all, I love their costumer service. I sent them an email on a Sunday about my problem and they replied the same day.

foxymomma521 Posted 25 Jul 2008 , 5:35pm
post #4 of 14

The reason I ask is because thee prices on the Lucks website are out of this world!

OCakes Posted 25 Jul 2008 , 5:39pm
post #5 of 14

NEVER pay to ship back damaged goods. I have even put something back in their box, re-taped & wrote "refuse/return to sender" & it goes back! You should ask for a refund of the shipping charges - they most likely won't give it to you, but it never hurts to ask. And I would try to go higher in their Mgt to get a VP or something. This is ridiculous! Good thing you have names.

lamcf120 Posted 25 Jul 2008 , 5:42pm
post #6 of 14

I use Icing Images at http://www.icingimages.com/info.php

They have great customer service and they also carry Lucks Icing Sheets.

all4cake Posted 25 Jul 2008 , 5:43pm
post #7 of 14

In over 3 years of doing business with them, I have never had a problem....maybe they're going through a rough patch?...a massive turnover?...extreme problems due to the overall economy?...I ain't makin' excuses for 'em...just sometimes...we all have times when nothin' goes right...

woodthi32 Posted 25 Jul 2008 , 5:48pm
post #8 of 14

I LOVE GSA. Never dealt with cakedeco

wendy1273 Posted 25 Jul 2008 , 5:50pm
post #9 of 14

Ocakes,
I'm not sure what you mean, you return it as soon as it comes back? I realized that my item was bad when I try to print with it, the paper was damaged.
I'm not very good at returning goods so any help on that would be appreciated. My DH usually does it for me.

They were so nasty that I'm not even going to try to get my shipping money, at this point I just want the product money back.

Thanks

tasteebakes Posted 25 Jul 2008 , 6:00pm
post #10 of 14

FYI, It's againest the law to open a package, retape it and write refuse/return to sender on it. It is only acceptable to do this if you HAVE NOT opened the package.

wendy1273 Posted 25 Jul 2008 , 6:01pm
post #11 of 14

All4cakes,
I being ordering from them for over a year and I never had a problem until one of my products was bad, Is just the costumer service but when you order so much products from a place you know that someday something will not be ok, if you don't get good respond thats when you know if the place is good or not.

I hope it is what you think because it would be a shame, I'm never ordering from them again even if I see something cheaper on their site and most of their products I can find in other sites for the same price or cheaper.

TC123 Posted 25 Jul 2008 , 6:18pm
post #12 of 14

I was just going to throw in my 2-cents and repeat what tasteebakes said. You are not allowed open, reseal, then mark refuse/return to sender.

No kidding: Just last week I heard our post office clerk explaining this to a customer who is on some auto-ship list. She said she didn't want to keep paying to ship back the items she didn't want, so she was going to put the item back in the box and write refuse it. The clerk had to explain to her several times that she cannot do that. She can, however, do it at the point of delivery, when it has not yet been opened.

FYI wendy1273: There is no excuse for the lack of service you received. I hope they reimburse you quickly so you can get past this and find another more dependable supplier. Good luck! icon_smile.gif

all4cake Posted 25 Jul 2008 , 6:44pm
post #13 of 14

wendy1273, I don't know what you meant when you said it would be a shame.

I suppose what I was trying to say...is that every person/company has times when things don't go as smoothly as we want them....and sometimes we don't handle things in a way suitable to everyone or on everyone's expected time frame...it doesn't mean that they don't care about their customers...just that is how it is perceived by the one on the other end.

I never meant to imply that you weren't entitled to feel the way you do over the situation.

I, however, don't base my relationship with businesses on one situation alone.

wendy1273 Posted 25 Jul 2008 , 6:51pm
post #14 of 14

NO!! what I meant is that it would be a shame because they have a lot of good products, I was not referring to you at all.

It would be a shame that they let their good costumers down for any reason.
But I understand what you are saying, everyone and every company has their good and bad times.

Please don't take it personal

Sorry if you miss understood my comment I'm struggling with my English

(I, however, don't base my relationship with businesses on one situation alone) Me aether but they were so nasty and rude that my relationship with them is broken and I won't do business with them again. Remember I called 4 times and they were not helpful at all.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%