Please Help Me!!!:(

Decorating By nefcook21 Updated 25 Jul 2008 , 9:54pm by nefcook21

nefcook21 Posted 25 Jul 2008 , 4:55pm
post #1 of 8

Today is turning out to be one of those potential cake disaster days. My buttercream is FULL of air! Is there anyway to fix it?? I am doing a wedding cake of all things !!!!! icon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gif

7 replies
mcdonald Posted 25 Jul 2008 , 4:58pm
post #2 of 8

I hope someone else comments to confirm what I am about to say but I don't think you can save it... unless you use it to crumb coat or fill..... that is just what I think.........

tiggy2 Posted 25 Jul 2008 , 5:01pm
post #3 of 8

Send sugarshack a pm and she may be able to help you. I think I remember someone else having this problem and she had a suggeston for them.

CakeLadyM Posted 25 Jul 2008 , 5:13pm
post #4 of 8

Put it all back in the Kitchenaid. Fill it up as full as possible to where you think it's going to overflow with icing.

Turn on the mixer slowly and let it spin like that for about 7 minutes. The air will slowly all be sucked out of the frosting and it will come out as smoooooth as butter. Or as smooth as Sugarshack's. This is how I do mine and how she does hers.

I assume you ARE making a regular crusting buttercream, right? icon_smile.gif

nefcook21 Posted 25 Jul 2008 , 5:19pm
post #5 of 8

CakeLadyM--it is sam's b/c that i added color to but i filled my ka full and beat the color in real slow. i did lift the beater up and down a few times to mix in the color good. Should I put it all back in and try again?

SUELA Posted 25 Jul 2008 , 5:28pm
post #6 of 8

Try stirring in a figure 8 motion? Good luck!

CakeLadyM Posted 25 Jul 2008 , 7:30pm
post #7 of 8

I've never tried the Sam's frosting, I've only made my own, so hrrmmmmm...

I would certainly try it that way in the mixer really really full. It's certainly worth a try to see if it won't suck out all the extra air! It's really important not to lift the beaters out at all however. That's the trick to vaccuuming (sp) out all the air from the frosting.

Just wondering if the pre-made will hold up like that? D'oh! Wish I knew the answer for ya! icon_cool.gif

nefcook21 Posted 25 Jul 2008 , 9:54pm
post #8 of 8

First off let me thank everyone for all the help. I knew ya'll would come through. icon_smile.gif

After trying all the suggestions the icing still wasn't right. Sooooo I started over but this time didn't use pre-made and all was goting well until..... I put in the ivory color. It then became grainy looking but it is smoothing out ok. Has anyone ever had any trouble with chefmaster colors?

Quote by @%username% on %date%