Done Before But Input Please On Edible Images

Decorating By mom42ws Updated 28 Jul 2008 , 11:25pm by mom42ws

mom42ws Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mom42ws Posted 25 Jul 2008 , 11:39am
post #1 of 6

hey everyone! i've read over some of the post for edible image printers but whenever i go to kopykake i get really overwhelmed with all the information. i can't even decide between the epson and canon. this is my first problem. is one really better than another? the epson is $299 for the model they told me about. the canons are less but if i'm going to get one maybe the more expensive one is better.

and then what about the cartridges? some printer models take 4, some 5 and some 6. i guess this is where the price of the printer comes into play. would a printer that uses more cartridges print better quality or should i just look for photo resoultion/dpi stuff?? please, your input here would be very helpful!!!!

ashley

5 replies
renee2007 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
renee2007 Posted 25 Jul 2008 , 5:43pm
post #2 of 6

hi, I'm not really sure about the different cartridges but I have an epson cx7400 and I get my ink from kopykakes and haven't had any problems . I was also overwelmed with the different types of epsons and cannons. I finally picked this one, it was only 68.00 with shipping included from amazon. it works for what I need so I'm happy with it, so far. hth icon_smile.gif

foxymomma521 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
foxymomma521 Posted 25 Jul 2008 , 5:49pm
post #3 of 6

It'll be cheaper if you buy the parts separately, I paid about $160 for mine... http://forum.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=579212&postdays=0&postorder=asc&&start=0

Molly2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Molly2 Posted 25 Jul 2008 , 5:59pm
post #4 of 6

I have a Epson CX8400 I paid $65.00 From Office Depot in fact I watched ACE of Cakes last night and he has the same printer anyway I use the 4 Tank cartridges from KopyKakes and I have not had any problem yet and I don't use mine every week just maybe once a month

Molly2

tamivo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tamivo Posted 25 Jul 2008 , 7:21pm
post #5 of 6

I purchased the Epson C88 directly from the Epson website for $79 and the quality if fabulous... really happy with it... I purchased the ink directly from KopyKake.

mom42ws Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mom42ws Posted 28 Jul 2008 , 11:25pm
post #6 of 6

okay, thanks everyone. i'm definitely not going to get a $300 printer. tomorrow it will be my mission to go ahead and purchase all the stuff. yeah!

ashley

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%