Fondant Pearls Video!

Decorating By tonedna Updated 27 Jul 2008 , 2:11am by PJ37

tonedna Posted 25 Jul 2008 , 5:14am
post #1 of 27

I just posted a new video on how to do Fondant pearls..Is simple but might help those who never used molds.
Here is the link to the video:

Thanks
Edna icon_biggrin.gif

26 replies
SueB Posted 25 Jul 2008 , 5:33am
post #2 of 27

Edna, Thank you so much for taking the time to make your videos. I love your new one! I sat and watched your other videos the other night. You do a great job showing all the details. Thanks again!

maryak Posted 25 Jul 2008 , 5:38am
post #3 of 27

Oh Edna thank you so much. I've already subscribed to your YouTube page but I can't wait to go home and watch this!!!

cocobean Posted 25 Jul 2008 , 5:41am
post #4 of 27

Edna, thanks so much from me to! I've always wanted to get one of those moulds to make pearls. I've really got to do it now. Thanks for showing us how! Your videos are fab! judge.gif

tonedna Posted 25 Jul 2008 , 5:49am
post #5 of 27

I love those molds..They are awesome! I just bought bunches of them at ICES!..
Glad you guys like it!
Edna icon_biggrin.gif

cakemommy Posted 25 Jul 2008 , 6:10am
post #6 of 27

Edna, you are the queen!!! Such beautiful cakes and thank you so much for sharing your techniques!

Amy

tonedna Posted 25 Jul 2008 , 6:11am
post #7 of 27

lol Amy, Anytime!!!

feliciangel Posted 25 Jul 2008 , 6:28am
post #8 of 27

seriously, you need to make a dvd. The way you explain makes it sound simple.

thank you for another great tutotial

tonedna Posted 25 Jul 2008 , 6:33am
post #9 of 27

Well..Any ideas felicia... icon_lol.gif

feliciangel Posted 25 Jul 2008 , 6:38am
post #10 of 27

first make a conga tutorial...lol just kidding heehee

but anything with making flowers I would buy.

tonedna Posted 25 Jul 2008 , 6:39am
post #11 of 27

lmao....thats fun!... icon_lol.gif

AKA_cupcakeshoppe Posted 25 Jul 2008 , 7:10am
post #12 of 27

edna thanks for that trick with the pencil! you are so gorgeous too. thanks for making another video. icon_smile.gif

applemint_jackie Posted 25 Jul 2008 , 7:33am
post #13 of 27

Thank u Edna,
may i ask more info on the glue? are they home made or store bought? any specific name do i need to know to get them? can they be used on buttercream? Thank u...

Nicolle711 Posted 25 Jul 2008 , 1:19pm
post #14 of 27

Hi Edna!

I just wanted to tell you how much I look forward to watching your videos. You give us all great tips! Thanks so much! icon_biggrin.gif

tonedna Posted 25 Jul 2008 , 2:05pm
post #15 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by applemint_jackie

Thank u Edna,
may i ask more info on the glue? are they home made or store bought? any specific name do i need to know to get them? can they be used on buttercream? Thank u...

You can use gumpaste diluted on water. Or you can use Tylose diluted on water. Basically I use it like this so is not too runny.
Edna thumbs_up.gif

farmom3 Posted 25 Jul 2008 , 2:14pm
post #16 of 27

Thank you so so much Edna, I have one of this mold but I never use it because I did'nt know how, and mine much smaller than yours, do you have any idea for using the small one??I don't think thay are good for the border
thanks again icon_lol.gifthumbs_up.gif

BakingJeannie Posted 25 Jul 2008 , 2:19pm
post #17 of 27

Your cakes are so beautiful and I love watching your video. Question, the white board you roll your gumpaste and fondant on, is it made from plastic or is it marble? I usually use the plastic fondant mat, and always scrambling for something to cut on.

Thanks and cheers!

tonedna Posted 25 Jul 2008 , 2:20pm
post #18 of 27

Well..depens how small it is.. Mine has 3 lines and the smallest une is pretty small. I did use it for something. Cant remember what. icon_redface.gif
ButIt would be a very delicate finish for a veru delicate cake. Or it can be use in other details. icon_rolleyes.gif

tonedna Posted 25 Jul 2008 , 2:24pm
post #19 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by BakingJeannie

Your cakes are so beautiful and I love watching your video. Question, the white board you roll your gumpaste and fondant on, is it made from plastic or is it marble? I usually use the plastic fondant mat, and always scrambling for something to cut on.

Thanks and cheers!

It is a celboard, they are made out of corian..I love mine. Someboddy told me they use a shiny tile, but I havent try that yet.
Here is a link to one

http://www.globalsugarart.com/search.php?search=celboard

Edna thumbs_up.gif

meenu Posted 25 Jul 2008 , 2:28pm
post #20 of 27

Thank you

tonedna Posted 25 Jul 2008 , 2:28pm
post #21 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonedna

Quote:
Originally Posted by applemint_jackie

Thank u Edna,

You can use gumpaste diluted on water. Or you can use Tylose diluted on water. Basically I use it like this so is not too runny.
Edna thumbs_up.gif

If you are not sure in My Calla Lilly tutorial for tools, it tells you amounts..but you can change it depending on the consistency you prefer. I prefer a not so runy one.
The video in between my other videos in the in my Youtube homepage.
The homepage link is in the signature below.
Edna icon_biggrin.gif

Chef_Stef Posted 25 Jul 2008 , 2:43pm
post #22 of 27

Edna, your videos are SO helpful! I've never used those molds, and I never would have guessed they're only "half" pearls. Also love your idea for rolling with a tool to keep the snake an even size--I always hate rolling long strings of fondant because of the un-even issue.

Thank you so much for posting! Keep them coming! thumbs_up.gif

Sugar_Plum_Fairy Posted 26 Jul 2008 , 1:37pm
post #23 of 27

Again, Edna, thanks so much. I guess you can't believe everything you hear....I had heard not to bother getting a pearl making mold, but you've shown me what a nice finish you get with them and how much time they save. Thank you!

BakingJeannie Posted 26 Jul 2008 , 5:36pm
post #24 of 27

Edna:

Quote:
Quote:

It is a celboard, they are made out of corian..I love mine. Someboddy told me they use a shiny tile, but I havent try that yet.
Here is a link to one

http://www.globalsugarart.com/.....h=celboard

I have always seen them of GSA, but never knew for what they were used. Thanks so much.

Cheers thumbs_up.gif

regbevjon Posted 27 Jul 2008 , 12:42am
post #25 of 27

YOU are absolutely my HERO!

fiddlesticks Posted 27 Jul 2008 , 12:52am
post #26 of 27

Edna, Thanks again, and I got my pearl mold ordered before they ran out ! LOL! I cant wait to get !

PJ37 Posted 27 Jul 2008 , 2:11am
post #27 of 27

Edna,
Thanks for sharing...you are a good teacher!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%